• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ICT

Used to have two CRTs on my desk, but took one of them off to make room for two (music) keyboards instead.

I learned to program Java when I was about 12 or 13. I got my dad's huge "Java: How to Program" manual and just worked through it. Two years ago I got some paid work programming some pretty hefty stuff to do with graphing traffic trends in the UK. I mostly program for fun. I like the precision of it - it's really satisfying when it all works and does what it should do. Wouldn't really call it an obsession though, just a hobby.

I've got a quad core with 8GB RAM I use for video editing with 3 screens. I don't think anyone actually needs 3 screens, but hey, it looks pretty cool. I used to run Vista on it, but now I've discovered how efficient Linux is when it comes to editing video. I use Ubuntu 9.10 and Kdenlive for video editing.

Nice. A great skill to have. I've always wanted to be proficient in at least one coding language since I was young. Been learning various languages on and off since I was 9. At the moment, I'm on PHP.

New Threads

Top Bottom