• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I will be replacing my gaming laptop in the near future.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I will not buy another ASUS ROG laptop. The one I had lasted for merely two years before the monitor decided to completely die and now it costs more to repair it than what I spent when I bought it.

What is a more reliable brand to look into?

I will not buy another ASUS ROG laptop. The one I had lasted for merely two years before the monitor decided to completely die and now it costs more to repair it than what I spent when I bought it.

Frankly considering the wear and tear and thermodynamic demands that are inherent to gaming laptops, none of them may ultimately stand up to a lot of use. And yet the best performing ones certainly aren't cheap!

That said I do see a consistent amount of praise for the Lenovo Legion 5i/Pro (Gen 7).

Like pretty much everything, some love it, some not so much. I like how it was engineered. More so than the Asus Zephyrus counterpart. Good cooling circulation and heatpipes, and lots of vents. With most ports to the back of the laptop.

I've been busy doing a lot of reading lately as I'm thinking about building a new PC. Or maybe getting a laptop.

Last edited:
I've been scoping out prices because I might be fortunate enough to get a gaming-capable laptop for the first time in my life (I'm always using lo-spec), and I keep coming across this MSI brand that Walmart carries and the prices seem pretty good, along with the reviews.

Sometimes it's hard to get a feel for stuff like this, especially when the prices are so good and the sales happen frequently, but maybe you could check into this brand as well? It seems promising at first glance, at least!

Also, I don't think I've ever used an Asus laptop before, but I can say for sure that all of my HP experiences have been pretty awful over the years. Something about their build quality and customer service leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately, but Acer and Lenovo are on my mostly-decent list right now because all of my old laptops still work from forever ago!

If the laptop itself still works, i say just plug the HDMI output into a TV and use it as a desktop.

New Threads

Top Bottom