• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was just in the shower and I was thinking... Overthinking...

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
"Normal" people outside this digital arena, tend to think (or notice) we have massive communication issues. They tend to say we are emotionless, at times even heartless.
But is that the closed case?

Or could it be the "pressure" the outside world puts on us for being different? In this place I don't see people writing tons of confusing things that none of us understand. No far from it.

I don't see a mass of people who seem unable to cope (yes we all have our struggles)... But often times we are talking about very positive things without bashing each other over religion, or sexual orientation, or political views. Yet we all have our own views... and are allowed to have them... No one is strong arming anyone here, demanding we "believe" this or that.

The ONE THING that I have noticed in my time here is this...

We are very curious about things other people NEVER think twice over. We notice all our little oddities because they were pointed out to us from a very early age...

That is the PRESSURE I speak of. If not for that "pressure" we wouldn't know the difference. Yet take that pressure out into a real world and use it others as it has been used on us, and you have wars, and mass killings over beliefs, or political views... Gangs of the like minded form and they start profiling those not like them... Are we really so screwed up?

Could it possibly be that in our weirdness, we are actually the ones able to take the most of all the human race. I would think few people outside the Spectrum have been dealt with in a more harsh manner than some of us have been forced to live in, yet here we are... Dealing with LIFE, at times wanting to die, but DEALING with it head on.

I don't see people outside this doing that. They hate, they blame, they spew horrible things at the very people they claim to love... Though we are not saints we seem to be very aware of our inner conscious without others having to show it to us and make us feel guilty for it...

No we are asking, digging, seeking, learning, being there for those like us or not like us...
Yes, people do that out in the real world, but usually for a price and often it was never what it seemed.

Look back in history and nearly every person who made our lives easy today was heckled, called crazy, and according to experts would be on the Spectrum if alive today. Do you think Einstein, Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, Tesla, were popular in their day? History paints a good picture but NO they were often painted as nut jobs... But now??? Not the case.

I also look to these people and many more like them. I have since I was a kid... They fascinate me. They tell a whole different story of humanity, as do we on maybe a much lessor scale.

Maybe we cant see past the hurt and pressure to notice that we could be the most real people actually living on this planet at this given time. We only know to fake what we are forced to fake, and we are in this constant comparison of, "How do we fit in?" "What do I do if?"

Yet if we just be our real selves we are mostly instantly misunderstood, or we misunderstand something someone expects us to be able to grasp in a split second.

So beyond some "label" we are given for not fitting in who are we really?

Curiosity (not BS labels from Ivy league schools) is what created electricity, the theory of relativity, the microwave, the x-ray machine, the cell phone, the assembly line, and much more. These people often went broke publicly and were laughed at, but they did just what do here... They persevered, they studied themselves and all that is around them, and most of them after they died were suddenly understood and made heroes.

Are we as stupid as people make us out to be? Or is there more than we can even imagine inside us blocked by the pressures of the "normal" things around us?

That may be the deepest question inside me...

That was a good shower... : )

It would be lovely to be able to add another "smile" for it would be the :Done too; just roared with your: That was a good shower.

I have been called: "very deep" many a time from NT and always had a sense of it being in the negative and confused, because I often feel as if it is normal and even my husband has accused me of being too deep and that confuses me, because to me, it is normal thinking.

Then I come on here and find that my "deep thinking" IS normal and LOVE it.

I consider myself to be a simple minded person on here ( I don't mind) and have grown in my language. I guess it is a case if you feel you fit in, you do grow.

Anyway, LOVE your reasoning.

Do you think Einstein, Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, Tesla, were popular in their day? History paints a good picture but NO they were often painted as nut jobs... But now??? Not the case.

After your'e dead I promise I won't think of you as a nut job.

Normal" people outside this digital arena, tend to think (or notice) we have massive communication issues. They tend to say we are emotionless, at times even heartless.
But is that the closed case

Because we don't respond in the way their subconscious minds expect (they have a mind which is a social creation) then they slip into identify,label and reject..

Are we as stupid as people make us out to be?

No.

They need to label.

I think sometimes not having that 'social mind' eventually becomes an advantage.
We have to consciously create things hence become more aware of mental processes.
Ironically,despite sometimes being slow... we can be much quicker to solve problems.

But congratulations @Chance youve been awarded the inaugural forum guru of the week.

Don't spend all the karma at once.

New Threads

Top Bottom