• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to see an Infinity Gauntlet film created

Intemporal_Reverie

I want to see Disney/Marvel/idkwhat create the following film:

Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

Because...that would be awesome. It would seem as if they have introduced and continue to introduce various super heroes, villains, and other key characters that wold play a vital role in such a film. It would be very cool if they made an Infinity Gauntlet film one day.

Last edited:
I want to see Disney/Marvel/idkwhat create the following film:

View attachment 4838

Because...that would be awesome. It would seem as if they have introduced and continue to introduce various super heroes, villains, and other key characters that wold play a vital role in such a film. It would be very cool if they made an Infinity Gauntlet film one day.

It seems you're going to get your wish. The third Avengers film will be split into two parts and called "Infinity War".

It seems you're going to get your wish. The third Avengers film will be split into two parts and called "Infinity War".
Not anymore. The Russo brothers and Marvel decided a while back that the early title reveal no longer represented the way the movies were turning out. Instead of being one film split into two parts, they will now be Avengers 3 and 4. Avengers 3 is Infinity War and Avengers 4 is currently untitled. Both films are being filmed back to back (such as The Matrix 2&3 and Pirates of the Carribean 2&3) and will have some kind of thread that will make them a little more connected than, say the first two Avengers were.

The Space Stone (housed in the Tesseract) appears in Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers. The Mind Stone is inside Loki's scepter in The Avengers. Baron Strucker is later shown to be in possession of it in Captain America: The Winter Soldier before it is used to give consciousness to Ultron and Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron. The Reality Stone is used by Malekith in Thor: The Dark World before being handed over to the Collector. The Power Stone is inside the orb that Ronan the Accuser spends the entirity of Guardians of the Galaxy trying to acquire for Thanos. The Nova Corps. currently have it. The Time Stone is inside the Eye of Agamotto in Doctor Strange. This - unless I'm mistake - just leaves the Soul Stone unaccounted for. Two seperate Infinity Gauntlets have also been seen; one in Thor and one in Age of Ultron.

So, considering that Avengers 3 is literally titled Infinity War and Marvel has spent the last 8-9 years introducing the Infinity Gems throughout the various Marvel Cinematic Universe films, I think it's a safe assumption that Infinity War will at the very least be a loose adaptation of The Infinity Gauntlet.

@VenomousAlbino To be fair to the original poster, this thread was created in 2013 before Thor: The Dark World. Before that we didn't explicitly know in the films that the Tesseract and Loki's contained infinity gems.

Though Thanos showing up at the end of The Avengers should have hinted that a story involving the infinity gauntlet was bound to happen.

Yeah I don't know how to feel about the Avengers at this point...on the one hand the action's great and so is the casting. On the other, the plots are extremely shallow, contrived, and ridden with catch phrases. I am much preferring DC's approach to films. That said, I'm super stoked about Spider Man Homecoming Wonder Woman and Logan. Would love to see a more faithful and better interpretation of X-men in the future, whether Marvel or Fox.

Well, it's like, there's a fine line for some of the best superheroes movies you can walk, between camp and grittiness. DC generally tends to err on the side of gritty and Marvel on the side of camp, but in terms of the Avengers they went way overboard IMO. If every third line is a catch phrase and the other two are for explaining plot devices to have the epic alien battle in the sky or to develop a side romance plot or something then there's really nothing there, no substance. I felt certain Marvel movies hit that stride more than others, like say the first Iron Man movie, or the Amazing Spider Man films by Sony, and so I hope they get rights to the X-men back and do something wonderful in that vein with it. Like having a campy, comic-relief catch-phrase or something every so often can be wonderful, it breaks up tension and gets us to laugh. But if that's the whole movie, then I'm not interested anymore.

Marvel movies are either very good or very meh for me it seems. I love Infinity Gauntlet comic series (and most of it's sequels) but I feel like in movie form it will be just okay. There is so many characters in the comic series. With it being just a movie- it will leave out so many important people unfortunately. Movies can only focus on a select few people, while the comics don't need to. Plus they will probably do the usual garbage of setting up for a new movie or two, so that will clutter the movie somewhat I bet.

New Threads

Top Bottom