• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to hear your success stories!

Sure thing! It's certainly possible. I met my beloved when I was 19 years old (he was 27 at the time). I'm 34 now, and he and I have been married for several years after a long engagement. It's a successful and loving relationship. We do so much better united than either of us did when we were apart.

During my teenage years, I often told my parents that I thought I'd never find a guy. I was often told I was masculine looking or unattractive; I'm inherently nerdy and tomboyish. But then I met my beloved, and he thinks I'm attractive. He likes geeky and physically fit females. We both find each other attractive.

Basically, it takes time for anyone to find a good match, and there will always be challenges. For example, I'm theistic, but my husband isn't. My parents are/were both theistic (Mother passed away last year), but they always supported my relationship with my beloved. Some online friends, however, and even a pastor at a church I went to for a time, believed that believers shouldn't ever marry unbelievers (they cited 2 Corinthians 6:14, which they take out of context -- that chapter isn't even about marriage), and a few of these people even actively tried to discourage me from marrying my beloved even though they had no parental authority over me. Had to tune them out and trust Scripture properly interpreted, and my and my parents' own authority over theirs.

Spent all of my 29 years in a fully committed relationship with myself. Bathroom and wardrobe mirror reflection keeps me company. That's a success story ;)

images

New Threads

Top Bottom