• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I told a friend to not contact me

Aspergers_Aspie

Due to how my aspergers effects me I find travelling extremely challenging and stressful. Thats why I had asked friends from the autism charity I am registered with if they would like to go with me. One said yes. I live in Edinburgh in the UK. We were going to go to Belfast in the UK. I said originally I wanted to double check before confirming but he didnt accept this offer, at the last minute he asked me to cancel, too late, now even if the hotel cancela nd refund the whole process of not having the money and when the refund goes through stresses me. I did email him again before booking but I thought the longer I wait somone may take the room while I am waiting, none of this would have happened if he had accepted my offer or getting back to me to confirm, but no he gave me the dates to bookt he hotel and said make the booking, so thats why I asked him not to contact me again. It looks like I may have to try and go myself, I don't know whether to book my bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow now or not.

Nope, it doesn't. I have family in Ireland, for some reason I assumed you must be visiting friends or family.

Ed

I apologised to my friend. The hotel emailed me to say in words to that effect that they found it strange I booked at the end of November and that no money was taken out my account. My friend is a uni student and those were the dates he could do!

Seems odd that a hotel would ask if you were a scammer:

Firstly - that's terrible customer service
Secondly - would any scammer say "Yes I am a scammer" when asked?

Strange really. At least no money had been taken.

Ed

Ed

Yes. Maybe guests have checked their accounts on their device I don't use mobile or internet banking, I'm old school that way and prefer going into branch with a support worker for confidence and in case I get tongue tied.

Yes people can travel without visiting someone. I used to like going to other parts of Edinburgh, while in other parts as I like libraries, to go on a public use computer, to look at newspapers and books, (some used to have CDs and some have dvds still) I would visit a library in that part of the city. I don't think it's strange but someone I talked to found it odd.

I had never been suspected of scamming before. I was thinking if they involved the police I had proof as I had the emails from my friend. And my GP or the aspie charity Im registered with could have potentially confirmed I have Asperger's. I have seen the letter confirming this on my medical file from the NHS.

I may have been too hard on him. I don't want to be rude or too hard on anyone, or hard on myself. I dwell on regrets a lot. He was always friendly and helpful. I maybe should have said to him that journey planning for a city or town especially with a stay and change of transport is challenging for me. It didn't occur to me to maybe say. I just remembered, a few years back the Aspergers charity I'm registered with gave me help for such a journey and stay.

Ed

It's strange that no money was taken out too. I imagine it was a glitch on their end (which sometimes happens). In which case they may contact you saying that payment didn't go through, and if you wish to keep your booking you will need to re-do payment.

I once didn't realize that payment hadn't processed properly through PayPal (I had the PayPal invoice, but it had generated a failed invoice number, it was just a bunch of zeros) until I contacted a merchant to ask why they hadn't shipped my order, and they said I'd never paid for it. I had the invoice in hand and they told me to look at the number. They'd seen that particular glitch before. At no point did they suggest that I was a scammer though.

I may have been too hard on him. I don't want to be rude or too hard on anyone, or hard on myself. I dwell on regrets a lot. He was always friendly and helpful. I maybe should have said to him that journey planning for a city or town especially with a stay and change of transport is challenging for me. It didn't occur to me to maybe say. I just remembered, a few years back the Aspergers charity I'm registered with gave me help for such a journey and stay.

His bailing at the last minute could have cost you a lot of money too. It's lucky that (through a strange coincidence of payment not processing properly) it didn't. But it's definitely not wrong to be angry when someone bails on you after tickets have been bought/reservations made and leaves you with the bill.

This same friend who I am going to be going to Belfast with has always suggested places to go, for a walk or which cinema to go to. I thought for a change I suggest a venue, now he says he does not want that venue and suggested another, in my opinion it would work best if two friends accept and go with suggestions since I have always went with his.

About hotels, I am in one just now. I am stressed and annoyed that I asked at check in if I wanted to add breakfast, I already paid and would have included it if I had wanted it during my booking! Now I spent money I didn't want to spend and I have to get up for it. I have trouble sleeping and need sleep when aI can get it!

It wasn't the hotels fault it makes sense to ask from a business point of view and I may have changed my mind. However I am upset with two customers at the hotel bar

In the hotel, two guys asked me if I was going to a club, I had already been to a few pubs and now I've spent and drink more than I would have liked and I didn't budget for that, why did they do that and why did they try and insist on buying me a drink, why do people not just buy their own, if in groups, I didn't know them so didn't want to join them anyway.
Last night someone came to my table in a bar and told me to go over to their table, I responded in a friendly way but don't appreciate being told what to do like that!

In the hotel, two guys asked me if I was going to a club, I had already been to a few pubs and now I've spent and drink more than I would have liked and I didn't budget for that, why did they do that and why did they try and insist on buying me a drink, why do people not just buy their own, if in groups, I didn't know them so didn't want to join them anyway.
Last night someone came to my table in a bar and told me to go over to their table, I responded in a friendly way but don't appreciate being told what to do like that!

Two unknown people wanted to buy you drinks? That happened to me also and a little later they tried to rob me. So be careful and a little sceptical. But if they are normal nice people, then it's a little nice that they were so friendly towards you.

New Threads

Top Bottom