• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I said one thing, he understood another thing. Me NT he AS. I need some light here...

What if you simply told him how much the relationship means to you and how important it is to you to work things out with him. Leave it at that so it doesn't get so complicated it further confuses him and see how he responds.

But then just realized how long ago you posted this- can you give us an update?

For most aspies, a relationship is an application of energy and focus. Frequently, when a partner makes criticism it is taken as very destructive commentary.

There is a portion of the understanding that comes from a deep feeling of persecution, as we are different. Another contributing factor is that many of us mimic behavior of others and parrot the behavior as our own, as a way of trying to fit.

It takes so much focus and energy that when criticized or challenged, it results in an implosion.

New Threads

Top Bottom