• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I really did it this time.

Ana54

My boyfriend refuses to answer even my yes and no questions about things he said/did (mostly about me) that I think I deserved the right to correct him on or at least discuss it, instead of letting him walk away with the wrong opinion of me. When I try to do that he goes on and on about how I'm "trying to fight", which takes more energy than simply answering "Yes" or "no". He tells me we can talk it over when I'm civil, but then I try to talk it over when I'm civil and he still says "I don't want to fight", and goes on thinking or pretending to think that he's always right. I understand that I need to say a lot more nice things to him too. But I guess we both need help with that. As for the issues I want to talk to him about... he just shuts down, literally won't speak, will change the subject totally or ignore me. I told him, "Is that the way you're going to treat my son when he's older? You'd better not, because if you do you will lose that little boy." If he treats Lars better than he treats me, I hope he does, and if that's the case I guess I just didn't mean that much to him. He also has this attitude where he thinks he can win any argument, or at least have the last word. He seems so... bloody... immature and manipulative for fun, at times, though that's probably not what it is. Maybe (and I hope this is the case) he was just tired of me bringing up his faults all the time, though it was him that brought up my faults first (and actually, it was because I had told him of some faults I had that made me do bad things and I apologized, explained how I knew it was wrong and promised not to do it again but he doesn't believe me because he thinks one's past behavior is also their future behavior.) Because of this, no matter how and how much I explain to him that I don't have those faults any more and why, he just says "I don't want to fight now." So he's allowed to bring up my faults but I'm not allowed to bring up mine? Mind you, he never brings them up when I don't mention them. But I mentioned them, because he and I both deserve for him to know WHY I did some ****** things.

I don't know what to do. I'm running out of options. All the therapists tell me they can't do anything for me. My parents are tired of listening to my "stupid ****". I have nobody. I used to have tons of friends on WP but they either don't go anymore, or are too busy to talk to me.

I'd love to kill myself to get attention and then watch them learn their lesson, but I don't know if I'd get to watch people's reactions to my death after I'm dead.

Most of the time, the only reason why most people abort suicides is because it's the law and they were brainwashed into thinking you go to hell if you kill yourself, or that there's no afterlife.

Should I go to the mental hospital voluntarily before I wind up sectioned/certified/committed/detained?

I wish I hadn't said that nasty thing to him about losing our child to Social Services. I apologized, but he won't believe me.

At least now I know why he made the list of things about me that were bad but said he wouldn't tell me the good stuff about me. I think it was because he hadn't asked for any lists of good or bad things on him (though I supplied both) and so he didn't feel obligated to tell me the good stuff, and he said that he didn't tell me because he wanted me to know he loves me for me and not what I do or whatever. He had given me the list of bad things to improve because I asked for it, but never the good things to keep doing, even tho I asked and asked and asked for it. Maybe how things work is that he thinks I'm naturally inclined to the good things so he doesn't have to tell me to do them, but that I need to know what things I do that are bad so that I can change them?

New Threads

Top Bottom