• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have to be the only adult in my immediate blood family.

Heh, new year, time to live for myself for a change. All of the changes that I wanted to implement in my life before, I am about to make in my life now.

I want to eat a healthy diet. I want to visit the gym several times a week. I want to start writing movie and game reviews again. I want to be a PT student. I want to learn to cook complex ethnic meals that will take all day to get the right results. I basically want to do all of these things that my mother has actively used guilt and shame to keep me from doing for so long.

Now there is no alcohol in my system, which is a great start.
I'm proud of you. I really am. Before, I was getting a rise at how pathetic I thought your life was behind your back, finding it super hilarious, but now I feel a rush of happiness from hearing you improve your life for the better. Good job!

Today, I spent half the day making a spicy vindaloo from scratch. It was worth the effort and it tasted better than the jarred sauces I had used in the past.

I also have decided to hit the gym twice a day most days, once for strength training and once for cardio.

Screw it, I know how I want to live and I have let the mental ******** stop me for too long.

I scrubbed down my kitchen and cleaned out my fridge today, as well. Clean house equals calmer mind.

I also decided to give up drinking Monster, on top of the alcohol I already gave up three months ago. I want to decrease my resting heart rate, not keep it elevated.

And on Friday, I am having a root canal done instead of yanking out my molar. It will cost me a lot more to save the tooth, but I believe keeping this tooth will be worth the effort.

Today, I spent half the day making a spicy vindaloo from scratch. It was worth the effort and it tasted better than the jarred sauces I had used in the past.

I also have decided to hit the gym twice a day most days, once for strength training and once for cardio.

Screw it, I know how I want to live and I have let the mental ******** stop me for too long.

I scrubbed down my kitchen and cleaned out my fridge today, as well. Clean house equals calmer mind.

I also decided to give up drinking Monster, on top of the alcohol I already gave up three months ago. I want to decrease my resting heart rate, not keep it elevated.

And on Friday, I am having a root canal done instead of yanking out my molar. It will cost me a lot more to save the tooth, but I believe keeping this tooth will be worth the effort.
Nice! Now if only everyone else can be as productive as you!

The real question is - how long can I keep up this momentum? It is going to slow down eventually. That is human nature.
Pace yourself! Deliberately do less than you think you have energy for. Don't burn out because that makes it so much easier to slip back into easier, old habits.

The Japanese have a philosophy about eating. Eat only until you are 2/3 full. That is great diet advice, sure. But apply that philosophy into chores, exercise, and everything else too.

You can maintain 2/3 pace indefinately but you will just burn out if you go flat out all the time.

That is my official know it all opinion. You can have that for free.
Because I really want to see you succeed well into the future!

Wow. This is very motivating. Think everything is high and lows. Sometimes we get 2000 things done, sometimes we get two things done. This is success. Pacing ourself is more important. Sometimes l start my day with two spoons, sometimes l start my day with 20 spoons. So l feel myself out, and what l am capable of accomplishing. But not working, l have that luxury. When l worked, less things got done.

New Threads

Top Bottom