• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate ordering things. I hate it! Cant trust it!

So it turned out that Cottage Garden, the incorrect board game out of that set, is quite excellent. Which I say after multiple rounds and a couple of utterly entranced hours with it.

Amazon:

d3b30d255e1b61dd5628981e800b3f5d.jpg

Sure, Amazon. Well, happy for me anyway. That game is worth a good $20 more than the one I paid for that you were supposed to send me. DISCOUNT!!!

I always shop at actual stores for groceries and clothes, but for other things I order online because where I live there isn't a lot of choice of product. Also, particularly with clothes, I want to see and feel it before buying... I don't really like buying blind, it causes anxiety. I do order a lot of music online, though. Also, unless I buy from China, having things sent by post can expensive, I'd have to really want it to justify the extra expense of having things sent to me.

A big problem where I live is with couriers. I live in a rural area where the houses and street don't even have names or numbers, and I sometimes find that a courier from out of town won't know where the house is, mark it as being a wrong address, and then send it back. I've had packages where the seller has written the contact details clearly on the packet, but some moron, in their infinite wisdom, has taken a pen and deleted my name, phone and address and the packet never arrives and gets sent back to the sender. Extremely irritating.

Huh... I've never once seen a place where the houses/streets arent marked! Where in the world is this funky area? And here I thought I'd seen "middle of bloody nowhere", but even the tiny crap towns in the middle of endless grass that I've seen, they still have numbers and road names.

Also yes, I dont like buying blind either. Which I suppose might be one reason why I dont like ordering things. No matter what I'm buying, I want to hold it first. Otherwise I get the constant feeling that it wont be what I think it is, and that feeling wont go away until the package arrives.

I always go there.

Are you telling me it doesnt exist?

Where have I been going all this time?

I'm imagining how much fun it is to buy socks in the cloth labrinth.

Obviously all matching socks are hidden.

It exists, and yet it doesnt. It is the place that is no place. Endless rooms full of shelves and racks. Go too far in, and you never get out!

Makes me think of The Backrooms, which has been popular recently. Maybe not quite THAT creepy, but still. Who knows what might be hiding in some of those racks?

Though, the lack of matching socks would be the true horror for some shoppers.

Where in the world is this funky area?
Southern Europe, rural area - it's actually a small town, the original town has street names and numbers, but a lot of the new streets and houses don't... it's like they didn't get round to assigning them names. Everything is makeshift. So, for the purposes of Amazon and Ebay, I had to make up a number, which the local postman and courier is aware of, but out of town ones don't. But as I give the seller a contact phone number, it really shouldn't be an issue.

I order a lot and sometimes don't receive the package that says it's been delivered. Amazon started taking photos of where the package is left and I say 'that's not my porch' They're always good at fixing the problems. If I'm not careful though I'll end up never leaving the house. But when I want something for a project I'm anxious to work on I go get it because I don't want to wait. :)

I got a game on line - house of 1000 doors two and I love it. I keep looking for others similar but they'll be similar just not what I want. Anys uggestions on games. I like to find hidden objects and have to go from room to room to find clues to open this or that and having to go back to this room to find something else and so on.

So hey it's time for MORE AMAZON SCREWUPS!!! Woo!

Order the missing two things. Free one/two day shipping, it says. Yeah, just like last time, huh? Fine, just ship the bloody things ASAP. One of the things is still set for tomorrow. The other, naturally it's the big one, has given me this:

Okay, let's check the tracker, it's getting late....

"Okay, it'll be there by 9PM today!"

10PM:

"Okay, it'll be there by 9PM today!"

giphy (1).gif

A bit later I get the "We dont know how to Amazon. Dont worry, we have a monkey with a hammer working on it as we speak. We'll email you once he figures it out for us".

I dont think I'll be keeping that Prime thing going after the free trial ends.

I order a lot and sometimes don't receive the package that says it's been delivered. Amazon started taking photos of where the package is left and I say 'that's not my porch' They're always good at fixing the problems. If I'm not careful though I'll end up never leaving the house. But when I want something for a project I'm anxious to work on I go get it because I don't want to wait. :)

I got a game on line - house of 1000 doors two and I love it. I keep looking for others similar but they'll be similar just not what I want. Anys uggestions on games. I like to find hidden objects and have to go from room to room to find clues to open this or that and having to go back to this room to find something else and so on.

You can probably just do a search for "hidden object game reviews" and such, and get more info on individual ones that way. Hidden object games are very popular, so you shouldnt have any trouble finding extra info on them.

Good grief this just keeps going. And going. And going.

So, the package that was supposed to arrive by 9PM that day, did end up showing up the next day. The smaller of the two things I ordered. I also ordered a third thing as well, after finding Cottage Garden to be so good and seeing that the designer had made others like it. Yay, impulse buying! I find out also that War Eternal, the big package that was replaced randomly with Cottage Garden, is finally on it's way and due today.

Today, I get Indian Summer... I did order that, that's the 2nd Garden one, so that at least got here fast.... and then.... ANOTHER BLOODY COPY OF COTTAGE GARDEN.

giphy (2).gif

HOW. How do they do the EXACT same screwup again? Again, box covered in freaking demon monsters VS box with flowers and garden tools on the front!

Gets dumber. There was a THIRD package. And nobody in the family would have ordered anything right now except for me, considering that they were going to be down in St. Louis for a few days. So I figured, there's no way this is for them.... did I forget something else I ordered? Or is this going to be yet another part of the saga?

I open the oversized cardboard box. There is another, *much* smaller, just as bland cardboard box inside of it (???) and I open that.... and it lights up the moment I open it. What? Okay, there's something I know about opening new gizmos, is that they dont start doing things the moment the bloody package is cracked!

I have a look at the thing, which now has more little lights on it that are turning on in sequence. Looks like a phone. Isnt a phone. Is that a freaking solar panel covering the front? Why is there a really, really tiny compass on the back? Why does it have a keychain attached to it? Why is it so big and heavy? Why are there huge lightbulbs (or what I can only assume are bulbs) on the bottom, yet without buttons/switches to activate them? What the hell is this? It's not in a box or anything that actually describes what it is... you know, like most products. The box it was in was utterly blank. It doesnt even have any plastic on it or anything.

I look again. Inside the larger box that the small one came in, there's a couple of rather tiny notes. The first one talks about "the gifting process and how to send something to thank the person that gifted you this". Uh oh. That's not a good sign. The next paper says something like: "Hey, I hope this helps you get through AT a bit easier. Love, Sally".

Now, I can hazard a guess as to what "AT" stands for. Which would explain the purpose of the bizarre gizmo. What I cant guess at is WHY I'M HOLDING IT. This is the worst one yet, because in addition to being something that I now must deal with, this is also something someone bought for someone else, who now wont receive it, and neither of them is going to know what went wrong or where the package is, not until I can deal with it. So, it's like some sort of compound screwup, one that messes both with me, and someone else I've never met. Great. Just great. Thanks, Amazon.

Ugh. Seriously, this is why I dont order things. But with stuff like this, there's really no other way to get them. Aint like the bloody Walmart is going to have stuff like this.... and freaking Walmarts and Walmart clones are the only stores around here.

I wonder what will go wrong next?

At least all the stuff I *have* received so far is really freaking great. So there's that.

Really though, SAME mistake twice AND someone else's mystery gizmo. I'll be dealing with that thing ASAP, hardly fair for me to add to someone else's problem even more than Amazon's already compounded mistake by procrastinating in dealing with it.

Bah!

This is starting to look like either some sort of bizarre conspiracy or some halfwit deity's idea of a joke. :confused:

New Threads

Top Bottom