• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I gotta get out of here

oregano

So buzz off!
V.I.P Member
There must be some kind of way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief

-Bob Dylan, "All Along The Watchtower"

I had to delay the final move by at least a month, since the trailer still needs work and my mom wants to make sure it's done right before I leave so I will have to live there for a few weeks while it's in the backyard to make sure nothing bad pops up.

The thing is, I find that I need to move ASAP. Except for a year and a half in San Francisco in 1994-95 at age 19/20, I've lived in Placer or Sacramento counties my entire life, and most of my adulthood has been spent on land once owned by my grandfather. Everything is familiar, TOO MUCH so. Every street has a bad or embarassing memory, a passing car that looks a certain way can trigger an old memory.

I have to travel to the far northeastern suburbs where I grew up constantly for stuff like doctor appointments, and my childhood was VERY unhappy. I can't drive around too much anymore because it's retreading the same boulevards with the same horrible memories again and again. I keep having to drive past the high school where I was tormented for four long years. I keep having to drive past the entrance to the subdivision where I grew up. I drive the same streets that I have traveled for 46 years, and they all have "strings attached" you could say. I'm sick of it, and it is getting worse, and my mom says "you can't run from your failures in life" but I just need to start over.

Last edited:
Actually, that is a Bob Dylan song and here are the actual lyrics:
"There must be some kind of way out of here,"
"There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line
Know what any of it is worth.".

The Hendrix arrangement has the same lyrics.

Actually, that is a Bob Dylan song and here are the actual lyrics:
"There must be some kind of way out of here,"
"There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line
Know what any of it is worth.".

The Hendrix arrangement has the same lyrics.

Yeah now I remember reading a long time ago that Dylan wrote the original song. And then you have the vagaries of 1960s analog studio recording equipment, complete with giant reels of magnetic tape and equipment powered by vacuum tubes, in the mix. There's an old joke that "Scuse me while I kiss the sky" in Purple Haze (referring to 60s psychoactive street drugs) sounds more like "kiss this guy", which was considered lulzy back then. I will edit my OP. Thanks.

Needing a change of scene makes sense to me. I haven't lived at one address for more than ten years, and typically my tenure at any one address was closer to a year or two.

Don't run away from something. No matter how far you run, you can always run farther so you tend to keep going.

Run towards something. You have a better chance of getting there.

I left Michigan for California and never looked back. Best thing I ever did.

A new scene can certainly be refreshing and feel like a new start in life.
I hope you can find independence with happiness and freedom attached. :)

Hmmm.. for some reason as I wrote this the words ...and let the sun shine in. Just popped into my head.

I felt the same way when I left where I grew up. Funny thing is, a lot of the time now I miss it.

Don't run away from something. No matter how far you run, you can always run farther so you tend to keep going.

Run towards something. You have a better chance of getting there.

I left Michigan for California and never looked back. Best thing I ever did.

l left California. It was the best thing l ever did.

New Threads

Top Bottom