• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I generally eschew photo contents, but...

velociraptor

V.I.P Member
I entered one after being nagged by a bunch of my neighbours. nextdoor.ca - a kind of localized social media platform - runs annual national photo contents. I put a few images in. Walked away with the grand prize for the Canadian competition:

It was nice to see that my drone landscapes hold up well in competitions given that I just learned how to do them starting this spring (crashed one drone in the process). Anyhow, I have an AirBnB voucher on the way and the wife is happy. Not a bad week.

Congrats!

My photography style would not win a thing in that contest, but I don't care that much... :p

I entered one after being nagged by a bunch of my neighbours. nextdoor.ca - a kind of localized social media platform - runs annual national photo contents. I put a few images in. Walked away with the grand prize for the Canadian competition:

It was nice to see that my drone landscapes hold up well in competitions given that I just learned how to do them starting this spring (crashed one drone in the process). Anyhow, I have an AirBnB voucher on the way and the wife is happy. Not a bad week.
Seldom has a winner reaction been more appropriate.

The local paper and radio station tracked me down this morning:

Not posting this to brag. Just want to make the point that being on the spectrum doesn't mean we're not creative or that we're somehow handicapped. We certainly are not. Those of us on the more functional end said spectrum can meet and beat the performance of most NTs when we focus on it, including creative areas.

Congrats!

My photography style would not win a thing in that contest, but I don't care that much... :p
That's a problem for me. The contest is about why you love your neighbourhood. Meeting neat people is a big part of loving your neighbourhood. The contentious issue here is that a lot of the companies running these contests are looking to be able to use some good images to promote their services. You give them the right to when you enter (I knew this but wasn't overly concerned).

Images with people in them are problematic. The people running the contest can't use those images in any form of promotion unless they've been fully released (as in signed releases for each person). You can enter your type of image in a camera club contest easily (where you get snubbed by biased judges - can't win!), but they'll be ignored in a competition like the nextdoor one if they aren't accompanied by releases.

That's a problem for me. The contest is about why you love your neighbourhood. Meeting neat people is a big part of loving your neighbourhood. The contentious issue here is that a lot of the companies running these contests are looking to be able to use some good images to promote their services. You give them the right to when you enter (I knew this but wasn't overly concerned).

Images with people in them are problematic. The people running the contest can't use those images in any form of promotion unless they've been fully released (as in signed releases for each person). You can enter your type of image in a camera club contest easily (where you get snubbed by biased judges - can't win!), but they'll be ignored in a competition like the nextdoor one if they aren't accompanied by releases.

I agree (the people part), and am aware of that "issue"

I do occasionally do landscape photography, moreso when I go on road trips, but I still do it primarily for myself, one photo from southern Alberta 2016...

Prairies 01.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom