• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I find it strange....

l guess what @Progster is saying that a majority of people aren't comfortable with personal space boundaries being broken. l have a European friend that kisses and hugs me, but l realise that's her cultural makeup. It makes me feel a tab funny but l realise she is sincere and it's okay. Most Americans don't do this even upon greeting platonic friends so it's not widely accepted because it's a cultural norm not to hug in USA. So in platonic relationships, it is culturally not the norm to hug.

We have a personal space, it may be 10 to 15 inches out and once you are in somebody's face or space, majority of people will feel uncomfortable, especially woman. Because then you are wondering if this could turn into an attack. There was a attack of a lady right in a mall in the city l live in broad daylight. So to the po, nobody is questioning your motives, it's just woman have to walk carefully and stay aware of their personal space. Hope this makes it a little clearer for you.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom