• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't want to hurt NPC feelings.

I'm actually the exact opposite. I'm always perfectly polite and pleasant to be around in real life (some would say dull) but in the virtual world I pretty much always choose the evil/rude/bad playthrough. The reason for this is threefold:

1. I know I'm not really hurting anyone, so I can sate my curiosity about what it feels like and push myself.

2. I am a complete hipster and have always sought out the obscure stuff. Most people choose the good option like the people in this thread, which means that by choosing the evil one I am getting a more unique and tailored experience.

3. I think it makes for a more interesting story. I don't pick every single "evil" option available, but I think it makes for a more rounded character if you have flaws and aren't just goody-two-shoes. I also think you can learn more about other characters be seeing how they respond to adversity (i.e. you) than by being pawns in a generic hero story. I also really like books where the major character is a donkey or has major character flaws leading to conflict instead of being a courteous everyperson who does people's bidding without question. I would not make for a good protagonist...

3. I think it makes for a more interesting story. I don't pick every single "evil" option available, but I think it makes for a more rounded character if you have flaws and aren't just goody-two-shoes.

I don't have to consciously choose the "bad" option, I just fk up naturally.

In the GTA games and other games that are similar, sometimes I just run up to pedestrians and just hit them. I especially love doing this in Saints Row IV. I think it’s hilarious when the player character kicks people into the air like a football.

Last edited:
I have this stupid tendency to evade the story entirely and try to break the game by seeing what I can get away with. In GTA that usually involves just running around with a flamethrower or throwing grenades from the top of a building, but even in stealthy games like MGS it was always fun for me to shoot the good guys, run though some door to trigger a loading sequence and try to not reach the game-over screen.

Needless to say, games themselves don't really appeal to me (unless I'm gaming with friends) but the algorithms involved and ways you can sometimes evade them have always been intriguing to me.

I have this stupid tendency to evade the story entirely and try to break the game by seeing what I can get away with. In GTA that usually involves just running around with a flamethrower or throwing grenades from the top of a building, but even in stealthy games like MGS it was always fun for me to shoot the good guys, run though some door to trigger a loading sequence and try to not reach the game-over screen.

Needless to say, games themselves don't really appeal to me (unless I'm gaming with friends) but the algorithms involved and ways you can sometimes evade them have always been intriguing to me.

I did the same on GTA haha, also skyrim was always fun causing havoc in the city seeing how high you could get your bounty until inevitablely, the guards swarm you. I haven't played in a few years though, gaming always became way to obsessive for me.

I did the same on GTA haha, also skyrim was always fun causing havoc in the city seeing how high you could get your bounty until inevitablely, the guards swarm you. I haven't played in a few years though, gaming always became way to obsessive for me.
I like to see how many people I can hit with a car in GTA before it catches on fire and explodes. The record so far is about fifty.

I always like to choose the polite answer in games that offer morality choices in dialogue. I worry about hurting the poor NPC's feelings in video games.

Granted, I also do not mind mowing down random NPCs when I play GTA, so who can claim I am consistent?

Does anybody else here always choose the nice and polite dialogue options in games?
I do not attack or provoke NPCs. Even though I know it's a game, I cannot go beyond my own morality. The only time I attack NPCs is when I am beiing attacked. I cannot seem to get beyond this blockade...maybe it's a good thing?

I don't know that's a contradiction. You may be intuitively playing the Telos of the game itself not realizing it.

The Telos of GTA is carnage as a presupposition. If you're playing a different game, the Telos is different. And this can vary by the type of character you're playing.

When I played games often, I chose based on the role I was creating. In Elder Scrolls games, I always tried and largely succeeded in my actions matching the Telos of my character play. Rangers have a different personality profile than Warriors who have a different personality profile than a Sorcerer etc. The actions also depended on context. A Ranger in town is different than a Ranger in their element, deep woods.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom