• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I created a spider that crawls Google for IP camera links using python

Connor W.

As some of you may know, I like looking at IP cameras of cities because I like seeing the scenery, the people walking around and cars driving by. I decided to create a spider, which is a program that crawls the web for links. I created one using Python that searches Google for links to IP cameras and it works really well.

A few of the links aren't IP cameras, but 90% of them are. You can tell which ones are cams and which ones aren't based on if the URL is an IP address or not. Anyways, the program is very simple and it's only about 19 lines of code. About 6 of those lines are basically just things I made the program print to make it look nicer. The code that makes the program function (meat/potatos of the program) is about 12 lines.

It does exactly what I need it to do, and it doesn't take any skill to really use it as it automatically crawls the net for these cameras. Plus, it was really simple to make as it was only 19 lines of code.

Last edited:
Now you can wait until google and cloudflare flag your connection as bots

I use a VPN, they aren't going to flag me as a robot if I can change my IP instantly. Google and Cloudflare aren't able to see my real connection, and their efforts of "flagging me as a robot" is basically just presenting me with a captcha that I can solve easily. Sometimes when I search a few things to quick it can bring up a captcha but it's easy to solve. Creating a program that searches a single query into Google isn't botting, it's only really botting if you are searching hundreds of things at once. I know what I'm doing, trust me. I've been tinkering with computers since I was 5 or 6, I'm not stupid mate.

It's creative and original, not weird. Just keep doing your thing because it seems you're pretty good at it.

Thanks!! I will always try, I like how you are so understanding :D! The reason why I thought people would think I was weird is because I like looking at unsecured IP cameras, but they are basically just cameras of cities which really is no different than being there yourself or looking out your window. I'm not some creep who looks at cameras inside people's houses or anywhere else that's private as I think it's wrong to snoop in on people's private life, I like looking at cameras of cities, streets or inside publically accessible buildings. Me doing this really is no weirder than anything anyone else does, so I don't really think it's weird I just find that people who are ill-informed when it comes to technology don't understand this practice and are quick to judge me for it.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I will always try, I like how you are so understanding :D! The reason why I thought people would think I was weird is because I like looking at unsecured IP cameras, but they are basically just cameras of cities which really is no different than being there yourself or looking out your window. I'm not some creep who looks at cameras inside people's houses or anywhere else that's private as I think it's wrong to snoop in on people's private life, I like looking at cameras of cities, streets or inside publically accessible buildings. Me doing this really is no weirder than anything anyone else does, so I don't really think it's weird I just find that people who are ill-informed when it comes to technology don't understand this practice and are quick to judge me for it.
Well said, I completely understand.:)

Cool , python , l like to read coding books, l think it's neat. When my ex divorced me, l was upset that my Haking magazines he took.

The first time my son took his family to Utah, As they were going through St. Louis I told them to let me know when they were getting close to the arch and I watched the camera on that highway and took a picture of them driving by in St Louis. They were easy to recognize because he was pulling this big trailer. And they waved to the camera. It was the coolest thing. :)

The first time my son took his family to Utah, As they were going through St. Louis I told them to let me know when they were getting close to the arch and I watched the camera on that highway and took a picture of them driving by in St Louis. They were easy to recognize because he was pulling this big trailer. And they waved to the camera. It was the coolest thing. :)
That's great ^_^! Glad you and your son had a good time there.

Dont worry too much about being "weird". The reason why alot of so-called "normal" people view things as weird is that they are, frankly, incredibly boring. Anything outside of the boundaries of the Hivemind gets labeled as weird or bizarre. Not for any good reason, just that it's how society has taught them, and they rarely think for themselves.

I know some people on the spectrum always wish that they could be "normal", but I always say... Feh, normal is boring anyway. Weird is INTERESTING.

I do ALOT of things that would be considered to be way, waaaaaaayyyyy more bizarre than what you're doing, and have seen many things that are even stranger than what I do. One time at a convention, I ran into a talking animatronic donkey head just sitting on a table in the hotel (no, seriously, this actually happened). Why, I have no bloody idea. To most people this would be so freaking "out there" that it'd be avoided like the plague. To me, it was just Friday. I see stuff like that often and am totally used to it. And it's sooooo much more interesting than the routine that people think is normal.

So yeah... do what you like. Stick with your interests. And if someone else berates you for it, well... tough. Tough for them, that is. Let them have their stupid boring existence while you do the fun and interesting stuff.

Also I understand why you like viewing cameras like that... sort of a form of exploration. I got a virtual reality setup recently, and one of my absolute favorite things in it is Google Earth. For the same sorts of reasons that you're thinking of with what you do. It's absolutely fascinating. I've spent quite a bit of time with it.

Dont worry too much about being "weird". The reason why alot of so-called "normal" people view things as weird is that they are, frankly, incredibly boring. Anything outside of the boundaries of the Hivemind gets labeled as weird or bizarre. Not for any good reason, just that it's how society has taught them, and they rarely think for themselves.

I know some people on the spectrum always wish that they could be "normal", but I always say... Feh, normal is boring anyway. Weird is INTERESTING.

I do ALOT of things that would be considered to be way, waaaaaaayyyyy more bizarre than what you're doing, and have seen many things that are even stranger than what I do. One time at a convention, I ran into a talking animatronic donkey head just sitting on a table in the hotel (no, seriously, this actually happened). Why, I have no bloody idea. To most people this would be so freaking "out there" that it'd be avoided like the plague. To me, it was just Friday. I see stuff like that often and am totally used to it. And it's sooooo much more interesting than the routine that people think is normal.

So yeah... do what you like. Stick with your interests. And if someone else berates you for it, well... tough. Tough for them, that is. Let them have their stupid boring existence while you do the fun and interesting stuff.

Also I understand why you like viewing cameras like that... sort of a form of exploration. I got a virtual reality setup recently, and one of my absolute favorite things in it is Google Earth. For the same sorts of reasons that you're thinking of with what you do. It's absolutely fascinating. I've spent quite a bit of time with it.

You are 100% correct. A lot of computer-illiterate idiots may judge me for doing this but I just ignore their idiotic drivel and keep on doing it without a care in the world. You can always spot a computer illiterate moron... I don't look at cameras in people's houses so I'm not impeding on privacy, plus it's legal to do what I do as the cameras I look at are completely unsecured, it would only be illegal to do this if I was hacking into a password-protected camera, but I don't do that as I think that's wrong to do. I look at unsecured cameras of cities, typically because I like seeing the view of them. The hivemind typically gets triggered if they see something that doesn't align with their sheep-like method of living and I just ignore it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom