• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic I can't take it anymore! I'm thinking of committing suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is serious antidepressants can actually make people suicidal I use to be on aropax before I knew I was on the spectrum and I swear it made me more depressed,I think somehow you may need to switch medications or find a safe way to ween of them.

This is serious antidepressants can actually make people suicidal I use to be on aropax before I knew I was on the spectrum and I swear it made me more depressed,I think somehow you may need to switch medications or find a safe way to ween of them.
not being argumentative concerta ,ritalin another name synthetic name methylphenidate is just a stimulant really the old name

is uppers

not being argumentative concerta ,ritalin another name synthetic name methylphenidate is just a stimulant really the old name
That's ok I just think some medications can actually make things worse or do the opposite of what they are suppose to do but yeah first time I heard of this medication but I do know about Ritalin.

I. if you feel at immediate risk of suicide, google a suicide helpline and let them help/advise you
II. otherwise you could explain to your parents that you are having these feelings, that it could be a side effect of your meds, that you feel vulnerable and that you would like to see a doctor as soon as you can, ask if they could keep an eye on you, just in case
1. seek help:
a. explain to your parents that you are having serious side effects from your meds, ask them to make an appointment for you
b. OR google your doctor's name and call him or if your psychologist can prescribe meds google his name and call him, both should recognise the problem and help you re meds or course of action
c. OR just show up at either practice and ask for help
2. see the doctor/psychologist - antidepressants do have side effects, to say they don't would be a lie (but this is the case for even simple cold meds) one of these can be to increase suicidal thoughts, i'm on meds and personally have been lucky and haven't had any serious side effects, side effects all have a statistical probability, permission to put any meds on the market is a decision based on their effectiveness on the one hand and the gravity of the side effects and the probability that they can occur on the other - i've had to try different meds till my doctor and i found the one that suited me best

You need to get your parents on board, if you live with them, they are your first line of support, if your parent's don't take your symptoms seriously, ask them to come with you to the doctor so that the doc/psy can explain to them whats going on and how they can best be there for you. It helps if your parents understand and can provide support. At the end of the day most parents have some instinct of care for their children (even if you are 20) and should want to help you.

If you are agoraphobic, like not having the courage to go somewhere, then the phone call to emergency or suicide helpline is the best. Tell them what you have here. It definitely sounds like the medicine is causing the thoughts. They certainly can. You have to make the decision to take the step for help though. Immediately.

Perhaps you could show your parents this thread so that they can see your thoughts in writing and that plenty of people here are taking you seriously and want to help you? Have you tried writing a letter to your parents? Conversations can be hard. Talking about your feelings can be hard. Writing is much easier, at least in my experience.

You know, guys, I would think a forum for people on the autism spectrum would know better than to hold people's ages against them when explaining what they "should" be able to do.

You can just go to the hospital and tell them you are going to kill yourself and they will hospitalize you since it's considered an emergency. You should probably stop kissing your younger siblings though, you might get yourself in trouble. They might tell someone youre doing that which can be considered molestation.

do you own a Torah if so read the psalms and look up on Google psalms for anxiety if you DONT think about getting a Torah
I can't take it anymore! I'm having the same bad thoughts in my head every single day. All people do is criticize me about my behavior. People think that i'm mean and that I don't care about anybody else but myself. My grandmother keeps thinking that i'm aggravating her when all i'm doing is stimming. My father thinks the reason that i'm depressed is that I don't have enough structure when the real reason is because all people are doing is judging me about my behavior all the time. Whenever I mention to my father that I want to commit suicide, he doesn't take it seriously and thinks that i'm just being silly. These suicide thoughts happen when i'm on my Concerta. When my Concerta wears off, I start kissing my two cuties (my 9 year old sister and 6 year old brother) and call my 9 year old sister "Cutie" and my 6 year old brother "Pinny The Pooh" in order to fight off those bad thoughts of people criticizing and judging me. This actually helps get rid of it until the next morning when i'm back on my Concerta. My parents think that whenever I kiss my two cuties and call them Cutie and Pinny The Pooh, that i'm bothering them, which is not true at all. Can you please give me advice?

Great Ephraim. I am wishing the best for you for that appointment. Tell the psychiatrist about the severe side effects of that medication that you are experiencing. Let us know how that meeting works out, too.

That's good to hear, Ephraim. I hope it goes well and the psychiatrist is able to work out a solution with you that makes you feel better.

I forgot to update you on this. I had an appointment with my Psychiatrist this past Monday and she said that I should get off my medicine for a few weeks.

I totally know how you feel. I was on escitalopram for 2 years until a "real" doctor did a real anamnesis and recommended me to actually avoid gluten, which I did and within 2 weeks I was better, while still being on the medication.

What also helped is that at the same time I started going to the OpenHeart sessions. See more about that here: How to connect to your true self?

Both in concert helped me become more "real"/approachable to other people who don't understand that being logical and compassionate is also a thing.

I still am an autist, but now I am approaching an actual connection to the "real" world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom