• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic I can't take it anymore! I'm thinking of committing suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
I can't take it anymore! I'm having the same bad thoughts in my head every single day. All people do is criticize me about my behavior. People think that i'm mean and that I don't care about anybody else but myself. My grandmother keeps thinking that i'm aggravating her when all i'm doing is stimming. My father thinks the reason that i'm depressed is that I don't have enough structure when the real reason is because all people are doing is judging me about my behavior all the time. Whenever I mention to my father that I want to commit suicide, he doesn't take it seriously and thinks that i'm just being silly. These suicide thoughts happen when i'm on my Concerta. When my Concerta wears off, I start kissing my two cuties (my 9 year old sister and 6 year old brother) and call my 9 year old sister "Cutie" and my 6 year old brother "Pinny The Pooh" in order to fight off those bad thoughts of people criticizing and judging me. This actually helps get rid of it until the next morning when i'm back on my Concerta. My parents think that whenever I kiss my two cuties and call them Cutie and Pinny The Pooh, that i'm bothering them, which is not true at all. Can you please give me advice?

Immediately contact the doctor that has prescribed you the Concerta, and tell him you feel this way. It could be the drugs are what's making you feel suicidal, could be the depression, but either way, you need help and you need it yesterday.

Yeah, call your doc NOW and tell him to take you off the Concerta. SSRI antidepressants are notorious for actually CAUSING suicidal depression in some people. Even worse, when you go off them you go into a horrible withdrawal period where you think about suicide 24/7. Antidepressants are really dangerous stuff, yet the FDA doesn't seem to care. Your parents don't seem to be that bad, I think your problem is that danged Concerta SSRI.

You are 20 years old.
It is legally ok for you to call a doctor.
Can you not call the doctor yourself?
Do you have access to a phone?

go to your gp tomorrow morning
I can't take it anymore! I'm having the same bad thoughts in my head every single day. All people do is criticize me about my behavior. People think that i'm mean and that I don't care about anybody else but myself. My grandmother keeps thinking that i'm aggravating her when all i'm doing is stimming. My father thinks the reason that i'm depressed is that I don't have enough structure when the real reason is because all people are doing is judging me about my behavior all the time. Whenever I mention to my father that I want to commit suicide, he doesn't take it seriously and thinks that i'm just being silly. These suicide thoughts happen when i'm on my Concerta. When my Concerta wears off, I start kissing my two cuties (my 9 year old sister and 6 year old brother) and call my 9 year old sister "Cutie" and my 6 year old brother "Pinny The Pooh" in order to fight off those bad thoughts of people criticizing and judging me. This actually helps get rid of it until the next morning when i'm back on my Concerta. My parents think that whenever I kiss my two cuties and call them Cutie and Pinny The Pooh, that i'm bothering them, which is not true at all. Can you please give me advice?

Yeah, call your doc NOW and tell him to take you off the Concerta. SSRI antidepressants are notorious for actually CAUSING suicidal depression in some people. Even worse, when you go off them you go into a horrible withdrawal period where you think about suicide 24/7. Antidepressants are really dangerous stuff, yet the FDA doesn't seem to care. Your parents don't seem to be that bad, I think your problem is that danged Concerta SSRI.
Concerta isn't an SSRI, but that's a bit of a moot point.

It's a half hour walk to my psychiatrist and I don't know if I need to make an appointment first and I have work tomorrow. When I don't take my Concerta, then I don't have any energy at all.

I don't know the number and even if I do, I don't have the courage to.
Then find the number. Someone has to make the call. Either tell your parents you need to see your doctor or find the number yourself. You can't just sit by passively and wait for this feeling to pass. You're asking for advice so obviously you want to do something about it. This is your life we're talking about. Get your ass on Google if you don't know your doctors name. Call the local suicide hotline. Options aplenty, but you're the one that has to take action now.

It's a half hour walk to my psychiatrist and I don't know if I need to make an appointment first and I have work tomorrow. When I don't take my Concerta, then I don't have any energy at all.
Go see your psychiatrist and explain how you consider suicide daily. Don't worry about making an appointment. They'll sort out how to help you best. Obviously check if the office is open first though.
As for work, call in sick. If things are really as bad as you make it out to be, you need to focus on your mental health first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom