• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I cant remember being asked to be born

(My literal Aspie autistic mind can't get past the following dilemma...)
How could anyone ask you, if you weren't born yet...?
full
Most of the people who make the statement will reply we had freedom of choice before birth on some
ethereal plane like heaven.
It isn't about asking a human in other words.

I remember a TV celebrity interview type show, (can't remember the name),
that always ended the interview with the same questions of the celebrity and
one of them was, "If you could ask God one quetion, what would it be?"
I always said my question would be, "Why?"

Last edited:
(My literal Aspie autistic mind can't get past the following dilemma...)
How could anyone ask you, if you weren't born yet...?
full

Not just me then? :)

Interesting idea though.

I'm blowing my circuits trying to identify stages whereby choice (asking) would be possible.
-by 'asking'- is it the combination of chromosomes/autosomes gone awry sometimes resulting in spontaneous abortion? - not being born.

Is 'asking to be born' a result of a drive to survive - 39 million sperm per ejaculate and just 1 gets to write on a forum?
(already a winner in life :) )

I've just read up that a possible combination of alleles in human genes could be 70,368,744,177,664.
That's too many 'moving parts' for me to systematically consider.
I'm 'tapping out' and going back to glossing my paintwork :)

Neither did I but here we both are, flawed and all that jazz. What you and I do with the time we spend here is up to us.

I'm still unsure on my views on the fact that over 7 billion people, which is getting closer and closer to 8 billion, currently exist on this planet. While on one hand, I value human life and the usefulness of my fellow humans, I also value plant and animal life, and the usefulness that both plants and animals possess, but humans are constantly decreases several animal populations, and more and more plant and animal extinctions occur as the human population continues to increase exponentially.

Resources such as food, water, and shelter are getting more and more scarce, making it ever increasingly harder to fulfill every humans' needs, not to mention that the wealthy and powerful tend to horde it for their own, selfish gain, and refuses to disperse it evenly among their less better-off peers due to their own greed. This is evident in the wars going on in the Middle East. While the government claims it is out of anti-terrorist efforts, even those with average intelligence can tell that the wars are about countries competing over which petroleum company can maximize their profits the most. While I am saddened by the losses sustained and murders and atrocious deeds committed by both sides, I also see the up side of the wars causing there to be less people to take care of, however could that might make me seem talking about this.

This leads me to believe that such an event as the COVID-19 pandemic is a good thing. While many there have been many deaths because of it, and its survivors often left with severe, lifelong health issues, the decrease in human population that it has caused might be a good thing, as that is less mouths to feed and give water, and more shelter to give to survivors. Not to mention the deaths due to suicide and homicides rather than the virus itself during lockdowns, as the death toll of the pandemic only measures COVID-19 deaths. Again, that is less mouths to feed and give water, and less people taking up space.

While I am overall conflicted on my thoughts of human life existing on this planet on such a massive scale, I still see it as valuable. Maybe it is me being proud of being a member of a highly intelligent, highly advanced species, or simply the fact I care about other members of the human species? Who knows?

Edit: I should probably clarify that I do, indeed, look down on people who kill others outside of self-defense and military reasons.

I just don't understand this thread. What good is anything with the people? What good is the beauty of nature if there is no one to take it in? What good are the song birds or anything in creation without people to know it's there?

The same nature that is destroyed by people is supposed to be merely for people to enjoy it? Our ego always gets in the way of things. Don’t you think it’s a little presumptuous to think it’s all for us, and it would all be meaningless without us to appreciate it?

There’s strong evidence that suggests that people are superior by design. But that’s just the evidence we can find. Is it too unrealistic to think that there’s always more to know? About everything.

None of that matters, though.

What I thought of this thread was that human life should be worth more. It shouldn’t feel like a gift that someone throws at your face. People shouldn’t be brought here just to deal with broken pieces of the gift of life that they were randomly given. And that’s up to people, to all of us.

I'm still unsure on my views on the fact that over 7 billion people, which is getting closer and closer to 8 billion, currently exist on this planet. While on one hand, I value human life and the usefulness of my fellow humans, I also value plant and animal life, and the usefulness that both plants and animals possess, but humans are constantly decreases several animal populations, and more and more plant and animal extinctions occur as the human population continues to increase exponentially.

Resources such as food, water, and shelter are getting more and more scarce, making it ever increasingly harder to fulfill every humans' needs, not to mention that the wealthy and powerful tend to horde it for their own, selfish gain, and refuses to disperse it evenly among their less better-off peers due to their own greed. This is evident in the wars going on in the Middle East. While the government claims it is out of anti-terrorist efforts, even those with average intelligence can tell that the wars are about countries competing over which petroleum company can maximize their profits the most. While I am saddened by the losses sustained and murders and atrocious deeds committed by both sides, I also see the up side of the wars causing there to be less people to take care of, however could that might make me seem talking about this.

This leads me to believe that such an event as the COVID-19 pandemic is a good thing. While many there have been many deaths because of it, and its survivors often left with severe, lifelong health issues, the decrease in human population that it has caused might be a good thing, as that is less mouths to feed and give water, and more shelter to give to survivors. Not to mention the deaths due to suicide and homicides rather than the virus itself during lockdowns, as the death toll of the pandemic only measures COVID-19 deaths. Again, that is less mouths to feed and give water, and less people taking up space.

While I am overall conflicted on my thoughts of human life existing on this planet on such a massive scale, I still see it as valuable. Maybe it is me being proud of being a member of a highly intelligent, highly advanced species, or simply the fact I care about other members of the human species? Who knows?

Edit: I should probably clarify that I do, indeed, look down on people who kill others outside of self-defense and military reasons.

Military reasons are NOT as righteous as people think they are.

The same nature that is destroyed by people is supposed to be merely for people to enjoy it? Our ego always gets in the way of things. Don’t you think it’s a little presumptuous to think it’s all for us, and it would all be meaningless without us to appreciate it?

There’s strong evidence that suggests that people are superior by design. But that’s just the evidence we can find. Is it too unrealistic to think that there’s always more to know? About everything.

We're told back in the Old Testament that this heaven and earth is wearing away (ch102). You apparently believe science when they say people are destroying the planet, but not that we are superior by design? God tells us that this earth will pass away - people have never been in control nor will they ever be. God also tells us we have dominion over all the birds, and fish and animals.

Military reasons are NOT as righteous as people think they are.
True, and I mentioned an example when they weren't righteous in my post, if you were paying close attention.
This is evident in the wars going on in the Middle East. While the government claims it is out of anti-terrorist efforts, even those with average intelligence can tell that the wars are about countries competing over which petroleum company can maximize their profits the most. While I am saddened by the losses sustained and murders and atrocious deeds committed by both sides, I also see the up side of the wars causing there to be less people to take care of, however could that might make me seem talking about this.
Sometimes, deaths caused by military action is righteous, as long as either side can ensure to minimize civilian casualties, and both sides have at least some good reason for shooting at each other, such as, "this nation is stealing food and other important resources from us," or, "this nation has invaded," or, "this nation has unnecessarily invaded our allies." Other cases of proper use of military force is to stop a tyrannical leader in another country, or for true counter-terrorism.

No, the war in the Middle East is not really true counter-terrorism. While there might be a couple of terrorist factions involved, it is mostly just a war between not only faiths, but to see which government can become the wealthiest, making the war founded exclusively on greed from both religious leaders, as well as governments and corporations (it is important to note that private militaries have been used by all parties, as well).

New Threads

Top Bottom