• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I bought something back that I had

AdriannaD

I bought something back I had,a 1985 Dodge W150 pickup I had and it was the same truck.Dad bought it for me for my first vehicle and loved it.Had to sell it after finding out I was pregnant with my son.I made a copy of the title luckily and kept it.Left work early to check it out and it was the truck I had.Was listed for sale and told this family I once had it.Seen it was in the same shape when I last had it.Never complained on price and bought it.Found it was their dad that bought it whom passed away last month.Happy to have it back and do not have to do a thing to it.

If you can do some restoration work on it, I've seen several examples of these on the internet with some sales prices that well exceed it's original sticker price. Old trucks are very popular do very well on the market. Just a word of advice, if the vehicle is in good shape I would have it appraised and insured for its actual value as a vintage vehicle. Hagerty collector car insurance is one example. Your standard auto insurer will only insure it for wholesale or scrap value otherwise. Yes, it makes your insurance cheaper, but if the worst happens, you're not going to get replacement value from the insurance company.

Cool, I would also like to have a W150. My first car was a 1990s VW Golf so I don't really want that back. :) I didn't get into that car, I had to put it on like a jacket. Tiny toy cars.

I wouldn't mind having a Marx Operation Moon Base again. Mainly for nostaglic value and maybe as conversation piece to prove we did go to moon. Otherwise how did they know what lunar bases and construction vehicles looked like not to mention the Moon people.

moon base.jpg

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom