• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am unravelling at work

So if you have something you love to do, or several things, maybe invest some time and money in that and try to use it to escape work stress.
Exactly! And, don't forget getting out for some physical exercise. Involvement in outdoor activities seemed to re-energize me.

Been there many times before and it never got easier to deal with. IMO, best advice I could give...work for yourself if it's possible. If it's not...make it possible. :)

She’s done it again. I got asked to grant an extension so the student could have more time to work now that’s she’s been given additional feedback. Only thing is that they were given additional feedback from me *and my mentor who has 40 years experience, and it is evident now that nothing was done, so this student has wasted their time, and used this as an excuse to try it on. I have said no to the extension.

oops clarification:
She gave the student last minute feedback despite the student having 2 months to get feedback explanations from me which did not happen. She gave last minute feedback and I don’t know what it is, because the student hasn’t told me neither has she. The student had since December to make fixes and that was already an extension that I granted to all of them. One student made the fixes and submitted in good time, it would be unfair if I gave another extension. There is no other reason except for wanting to have time to make the fixes.

I am extremely glad I said no. Otherwise, it’s just a joke. And it’s not. Funny.

I can relate to that and I think other people here can too. It can be very difficult to let things go and not allow it to bother you.

honestly,this makes me feel so much more relieved that it’s not me being pathetic about it. That alone means a lot. It’s really nice to have that understanding.

ne thing that helped me was to do something I really liked doing, a hobby or something. So when I came home I did that to unwind. I had a hobby area where I could relax and do something I loved to do.
I will try doing this. I need to de stress and just constantly feel tense. Plus, I have projects I could pour the time into.

And, don't forget getting out for some physical exercise. Involvement in outdoor activities seemed to re-energize me.

there’s a fort that I like to walk around, I think it’s also a good idea to go there and walk around just to de stress.

IMO, best advice I could give...work for yourself if it's possible. If it's not...make it possible. :)

I will do this for money and experience. I’m done with caring. It impacted my health in December, and so I’ll do work in the actual work hours, not at home.

Last edited:
I want to quit. I tell the student no to the extension, and I get a whiny response back with telling me the feedback I gave was not good enough and that this woman’s feedback is way better. I am just done. I really don’t know what to do anymore. If I needed evidence that proves I’m being undermined then this is it. I feel extremely overwhelmed by the negative frustration emotions. I am trying my best. I even got someone else to look at it because I knew he had more experience and that would be useful but noooo even that isn’t enough for these spoilt individuals.

I want to quit. I tell the student no to the extension, and I get a whiny response back with telling me the feedback I gave was not good enough and that this woman’s feedback is way better. I am just done. I really don’t know what to do anymore. If I needed evidence that proves I’m being undermined then this is it. I feel extremely overwhelmed by the negative frustration emotions. I am trying my best. I even got someone else to look at it because I knew he had more experience and that would be useful but noooo even that isn’t enough for these spoilt individuals.
Is there just… no such thing as direct communication in the NT world? I really do hope things start looking up for you soon :(

Is there just… no such thing as direct communication in the NT world? I really do hope things start looking up for you soon :(
Haha, no such thing. I called my line manager. Who just happens to be the parent of the student. I have to give an extension, mainly to prevent her kid from failing. So annoyed. If it was anyone else’s child, it would not be an option. So being undermined twice over.cant wait for this to be over. Should I give the extension time also as an option for the kid who did submit on time? I feel like I should as it is only fair.

You hit the bullseye. Reassuring groupthink . . . I've heard of such about people going along to get along. Once in a supervisory capacity I just didn't. I saw my role as both representing my reports and my manager. I would keep my reports insulated from management stupidity, while the tasks and targets I agreed to with my manager were met by my reports. I learned it is best to underpromise and overdeliver. Once my manager, looking into an event I was blamed for, said to me; "Why did you take the blame for what X may have done?" I just said that I am responsible for the work my group turns out. Plus, I sorta knew that with the credibility I had, things would go easier for me.
I automated record taking through an Excel spreadsheet on OCP bag-processing stations for a pharmaceutical company that saved $884,000 per year on saved man-hours and had a manager try to take credit for it. They implemented the macro code, I didn't even get a thank you. Nothing.

I hate working for corporations...nothing more than worker exploitation. The drudgery of working for moronic middle-management suck-ups that have no talent, no vision or moral compass is soul-robbing.

New Threads

Top Bottom