• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am the occasional gamer but I'm just not into Sports and Shooter Games, Am I the only one ?

I do like shooters, but I prefer them on the PC than console, after 20 years of playing stuff like Doom and Quake on the PC with map downloads and God mode cheats.

My bones are very bad - an awful mix of arthritis, osteoporosis, and god knows what else... So shooters are just not my thing. Old point and click adventures like Maniac Mansion though? Mm MM Good!

My bones are very bad - an awful mix of arthritis, osteoporosis, and god knows what else... So shooters are just not my thing. Old point and click adventures like Maniac Mansion though? Mm MM Good!

Yeah, it's the same for me really. I'm very prone to nerve/tendon issues which can cause an incredible amount of pain, and a bit of arthritis... I'm way too young for this crap but I have it anyway (and have had it for like 7 years).

There was a period of about a year early on when it was really bad, and I couldnt use the mouse for gaming at all. I ended up coming up with a way to use the controller for basically everything, including games that had zero controller support. Hardly a perfect solution, but I got used to it over time. I can use the mouse again now but for some games I got so used to the screwball controller setup that going back to the mouse just causes one failure after another.

I can play shooters now but frankly I dislike most of them. The modern ones anyway. The same bloody thing over and over in most cases, and usually very slow and easy and sort of on rails (Heaven forbid the player actually get LOST, they might get frustrated and not buy the next 80 sequels that way). I grew up with games like Doom, which were fast-paced, so going to these recent slow-as-freaking-dirt ones was just... bleh.

Oh yeah I'm a big fan of that kind of stuff, but my PC Won't run them now.

2 years ago I bought Broken Sword 5 on Xbox though, that was a bit good.

I'm the same way with PC MMORPG's.
Even after 15+ years the only things that change slightly are skins and animations... Same old point and click. Same old battle system.
(for an overwhelming majority, not all)

Do you or anyone play World of Warcraft? I need more friends on there
Sorry, I used to play World of Warcraft way back when Cataclysm was the latest expansion, but then I moved onto other MMOs. I did like the support however, when you booked a support call to Blizzard the team would contact you in game and speak to you in full role play calling you your character name and they were very prompt which is something you rarely see these days.

What I like about WOW is that there's no pay to win cash shop, I'd much rather just pay a subscription than play a so called "free to play" game with pay to win elements, never ending temptation to keep spending money and often various restrictions that can only be unlocked by spending real money. Sadly so many MMORPGs have in my opinion been ruined by going free to play, although there are a small few with mainly only cosmetic items available at an additional cost. The other thing I like is the immense size of the game, especially now there's so many expansions. The cost of WOW is a lot however, especially if you're a veteran player who keeps paying the full price for each and every expansion as well as paying a subscription cost on top. The graphics are now somewhat dated too, but in many ways that doesn't bother me too much as they're still good enough. I am tempted to go back, but I'd have to buy quite a few expansions now and I hate playing MMOs when I don't have all the content available even if it would be ages until I use it. Even if my high level character still existed I would probably want to start again now, some people love to jump to the end game as quickly as possible, but I really enjoy the levelling experience.

If you need more friends to play with, perhaps you should look out for a better guild, as you know there's loads on every server, some you have to apply to join.

Last edited:
You aren't the only one. I like platformers, some puzzle games, and interactive fiction. That isn't everyone's cup of tea. I'm not sure if those are games you would be into.

I like PC more than console... mainly because I can beef-up my PC, which is decent for now. :)

I'm more of a simulation RTS type of guy....
Cities Skylines, Transport Fever 2, Automation Empire, Cliff Empire, Stellaris, Oxygen Not Included

I've actually just started to get into WoW... It's a little out of my comfort sphere and I'm not to fond of the MMORPG online subscription...

New Threads

Top Bottom