• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am innocent, I am confused, I am sorry

I think it's primarily because people learn throughout their life. If you spend time with toddlers, you'll notice all of them exhibit antisocial behaviors and have difficulty regulating their emotions. Children whose parents take the time to help them with their emotions and discipline them to teach them socially appropriate behaviors will usually learn how to manage their emotions and behave in socially acceptable ways by the time they become an adult. Children whose parents neglect to teach them about their emotions or fail to adequately discipline them will often have difficulty managing their emotions and exhibit antisocial behaviors. People who were neglected may gradually learn how to behave and manage their emotions through experience although anyone can learn more quickly by reading books about childhood emotional neglect and emotional intelligence.

Everyone makes mistakes since no one is perfect. Unless you've harmed someone, there is usually no need to apologize.

That makes sense. But, there are situations where children were raised properly, but they still exhibit antisocial behaviors as older children.

No need to apologize. I am always learning things.

I guess since l have aged, l think it is a waste of my brain matter to get strung out and overthink things. Have l had anger yes, but l am a woman, so l don't want to hurt anyone. I don't believe violence solves anything. So l just go do something like watch cat videos or listen to piano, or violin which is very soothing for me.

Younger people have a lot of hormones circulating through their bodies which makes everything feel intense and overwhelming. By the time you are maybe 24 ish, this slows down and you feel less intense about things in general. Navigating thru our younger years is tough. Maybe it's harder for males then females.

It's science!

I like science. I hope that I am correct, this learning curve is scientific.

I think it's primarily because people learn throughout their life. If you spend time with toddlers, you'll notice all of them exhibit antisocial behaviors and have difficulty regulating their emotions. Children whose parents take the time to help them with their emotions and discipline them to teach them socially appropriate behaviors will usually learn how to manage their emotions and behave in socially acceptable ways by the time they become an adult. Children whose parents neglect to teach them about their emotions or fail to adequately discipline them will often have difficulty managing their emotions and exhibit antisocial behaviors. People who were neglected may gradually learn how to behave and manage their emotions through experience although anyone can learn more quickly by reading books about childhood emotional neglect and emotional intelligence.

Everyone makes mistakes since no one is perfect. Unless you've harmed someone, there is usually no need to apologize.

Thank you! I feel more educated.

Why when I keep talking about crimes, I feel mentally unstable?

You can think about crimes and decide not to feel unstable. You control your thoughts. Your brain does not control you. You can decide that you don't need to feel unstable.

So just say to yourself- l chose how l want to feel. Sometimes we can feel wishy washy. Kind of feeling not sure, bothered? Is this how you describe unstable? What do you actually feel when you say unstable?

You can think about crimes and decide not to feel unstable. You control your thoughts. Your brain does not control you. You can decide that you don't need to feel unstable.

So just say to yourself- l chose how l want to feel. Sometimes we can feel wishy washy. Kind of feeling not sure, bothered? Is this how you describe unstable? What do you actually feel when you say unstable?

It's just that I kept talking about crimes too much, that some people think that I might be guilty of something serious.

It's just that I kept talking about crimes too much, that some people think that I might be guilty of something serious.

For us, if we talk alot about something, it's a special interest. Something we like learning about. My special interest is crime also, because l am interested in what makes people do horrible things? What facts pushed them into doing things. Sometimes it's greed, sometimes it's jealousy, sometimes they just don't care about the outcome of what they do.

Last nite I was watching a show on cold cases being solved. I was so sad they couldn't determine who had strangled an innocent 19 year-old female out of Mississippi. They had an idea however and the items used in the murder where unable to provide any DNA for the detectives. I thought it would be so interesting to solve cold cases.

So if you feel people are harshly judging you about this special interest, don't discuss it. You can always read books on it yourself.

For us, if we talk alot about something, it's a special interest. Something we like learning about. My special interest is crime also, because l am interested in what makes people do horrible things? What facts pushed them into doing things. Sometimes it's greed, sometimes it's jealousy, sometimes they just don't care about the outcome of what they do.

Last nite I was watching a show on cold cases being solved. I was so sad they couldn't determine who had strangled an innocent 19 year-old female out of Mississippi. They had an idea however and the items used in the murder where unable to provide any DNA for the detectives. I thought it would be so interesting to solve cold cases.

So if you feel people are harshly judging you about this special interest, don't discuss it. You can always read books on it yourself.

I was studying a little bit about Forensic Psychology. I have been wondering if I am correct that serial killers are mentally ill, I meant in antisocial ways, because statistics point out that most people with mental and developmental disorders are more likely to be victims than being perpetrators.

As I was studying a little bit about serial killers and wondered if they have homicidal delusions, because there is no reason kill people, unless you are in the for federal jobs. Serial killers have twisted explanations why they committed crimes.

Good for you Oren. I am proud of you.

Please remember to take your medication even if you are feeling better. It will help to improve your life and those around you.
I second what Orange said. Keep taking your meds even if you think you are feeling better and don’t need them.:)

I must admit I’m a bit of true crime junkie myself. It’s not just the fascination of why these murderers did what they did but also to generate a self awareness that there are people who are out there who can do this and taking some steps in the hope that it may not happen is very useful, particularly for a woman who may not have Always made the smart decisions growing up (ear phones whilst walking around in a deserted area at night with minimal lights). And to not blindly trust that someone has your best interests at heart. Thanks to true crime things, I’ve become much more street savvy.

I second what Orange said. Keep taking your meds even if you think you are feeling better and don’t need them.:)

I must admit I’m a bit of true crime junkie myself. It’s not just the fascination of why these murderers did what they did but also to generate a self awareness that there are people who are out there who can do this and taking some steps in the hope that it may not happen is very useful, particularly for a woman who may not have Always made the smart decisions growing up (ear phones whilst walking around in a deserted area at night with minimal lights). And to not blindly trust that someone has your best interests at heart. Thanks to true crime things, I’ve become much more street savvy.

I agree.

I learned not to talk about dark thoughts online, but only to my psychiatrist and psychologist and my family, because I don't want there to be police involvement again.

I learned not to post as much, and do things that I enjoy, such as doing Udemy to study Photography.

Thank you guys, I appreciate your help!

Last edited:
This is such great news. Thank you for updating us on your progress. You sound happy, and more understanding of what was discussed. Sometimes after a certain age, things just make more sense to us. It's like we get a year older, then everything just becomes more simple to understand. Congrats on doing photography course. Feel free to share your photos if you wish.

This is such great news. Thank you for updating us on your progress. You sound happy, and more understanding of what was discussed. Sometimes after a certain age, things just make more sense to us. It's like we get a year older, then everything just becomes more simple to understand. Congrats on doing photography course. Feel free to share your photos if you wish.

Thanks!

New Threads

Top Bottom