• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I always struggle with this bit

mikkyh

It's always a major decision choosing a topic title for me...or a title for anything of that matter. Well anyway I suppose I better get on with what I wanted to say, even though I don't 100% know what I am going to say to introduce myself to yet another forum. Argh I'm just chatting away again.

So, an introduction ? I'm Michael. Yes, that's how to start - with a name. If you're wondering why I'm saying all this it's because I'm typing my thoughts down instead of just writing what I had planned at the start. Which is perhaps bothersome for you. And now I'm wondering whether or not to cut all of this. Shall I just leave it be ? Yes. I will. Because I seriously don't know what else to say.

It hasn't been long at all since I was diagnosed. Oh. Yeah. I'm 15. So, it hasn't been long since I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. It's a bit late because I've already completely ruined my education. I'll explain why it's been ruined in a few moments. Or around that anyway. But yes. Diagnoses at 15 is somewhat extremely frustrating. The AS has, for some reason, seemed to have gotten worse over the past few years. I can't even go into school now - though this is probably because of the mental breakdown (I'll go onto it!). So all the tests I had already done have gone to waste. When I dropped out of school I had an A* in Physics (gotta LOVE fission), an A* in Chemistry and unfortunately a B in Biology. That kinda deteriorated when I got depressed. An A in Geography and a C in IT - because I was in a mental hospital while they did the 20 hour test for that. Bummer.

So yeah, I've kind of revealed I suffer from depression. Apparently it could be linked to the Asperger's - the depression I mean. My experience of a mental hospital isn't that bad. They're rather OK. Especially the youth ones. All I really did was sleep. Though it was useful for one thing: while I was secure in hospital they could increase my medication. So that helped. And so, I think, did the AS diagnoses - at least now I know why I feel like such an outcast.

Uhm. But school isn't everything. Outside of school I've been involved in various ventures, such as working as a technician online for different web hosting companies the past 3 years. IT is one of my major obsessions (sure I've said that) and it's hard not to think about it. Though thoughts about computers are normally replaced by thoughts of Doctor Who. That's only a recent obsession - replacing music, which replaced aviation (though I still gasp whenever I see an aircraft).

I think a summary is in order:

Name: Michael H
Interests: Electronics (computers alongside coffee makers; hornby train '00' gauge; ice cream makers; popcorn makers; candy floss makers; fridges; TVs and anything to do with broadband; internet and IT)
Diagnoses: Moderate Depression (thankfully taken down from severe a month ago) and Asperger Syndrome

Uuh. That's all. I think. Anything more to write ? Nope, nothing. Oh I have a simple self hosted wordpress blog (hosting on a site5.com linux shared hosting server) available to read here: http://www.mikkyh.info/ so uhm yes. Have a read :)

I was also diagnosed with depression along with my AS but I got over it. I'm happy now because I have a husband and I live in a city where I like to be.

Cool, welcome to the forums.
I'm sorry you've not been having that much of a great time recently in terms of depression and what not.
I wanted to go to a psychiatric unit for work experience, but I decided it'd probably be not as interesting as I'd have initially thought it'd been.
I'll read you blog laterz ^_^.
@LeagureGirl: Are you seriously happy with life? Or just neutral/not depressed?
EMZ=]

Hi Michael, welcome to the forums. :)

So are things looking up now in terms of moving on from that mental breakdown you had? You aiming to get back to school anytime soon? :)

I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult time. I also messed school up quite a bit and had a breakdown. I didn't go into hospital, although I probably should have. Before I left school was was getting A's and A*'s but now, like you, feel that I have wasted all the time spent doing all of the tests etc. I did go back to school, but unfortunately that went wrong also. So now I'm hoping to get into sixth form. :)

You aiming to get back to school anytime soon? :)

Well yes I'm aiming, but whether or not I hit the bulls eye is another matter. I'm getting some references from some of the teachers at my school. I suppose that they're pretty annoyed at me not coming in at all. Oh well, can't be helped! With references I can go to college and study ICT, hopefully. I have to go and see connexions sometime in February. I'm not getting my hopes up...I've been let down too many times by too many people to even think for one second things are going to go my way.

So are things looking up now in terms of moving on from that mental breakdown you had?

Yes, they are. Not education wise - in that way everything's still f*****. But mood wise yes. Thanks for asking :D

@LeagureGirl: Are you seriously happy with life? Or just neutral/not depressed?
EMZ=]

Yes. Maybe more neutral but I'm not depressed anymore. When I'm not depressed, I'm happy. Just as long as I'm not upset, or get mad, etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom