• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Humans are a plague.

There are many paths, esp if like me, the church experience is mostly done to build a social circle.

Its all so different now, this cursed virus has ruined everything.

I think its a trap, any partisan politics. Information is power, i want to stay informed. My compromise was to use up all the data on the phone watching fantasy entertainment, then only use 'text only' sites for news. No video news. I dont care about politics in my own city, and we have real problems. I gave myself permission to be selfish about my own heart. Its my heart after all. I dont feel a bit guilty for not giving a drop of spit in an empty tin can about the so called larger issues.

Those ppl can all go rot. My time is spent like my money is. Improve me(educate) associate with like minded positive people, who never mention the politics, but will talk about god all day. Simplify things generally. Be well and present. Daily exercise regimen, meditation, reading, growing food, and then the ppl i know share those interests, so....

Social isolation leads to mental health problems, choose carefully the path you go

@Skittlebisquit

I think the key to my happiness is to accept that most things in life are illusionary, I do not know all the answers, nobody knows all the answers, possessions are no reason to live, every day is a gift and life is too short to waste on illusionary BS like divisive shouting matches and attachments to watching and participating in inhumane verbal trainwrecks. I need to learn how to be comfortable in my own skin. I need to accept that I have a huge hole in my spirit. I need to accept that I do not have 100 years to mess around with things that will tear my soul apart at the end of the day.

Churches and spiritual communities are the easiest place to make new friends. I go to centers for spiritual living, or used to, the local branch it closed due to the virus. You might like it, scienceofmind.com . Its an open and affirming spiritual practice that accepts people wherever they are in thier own spiritual journey. They are one of the "all roads go to the temple" types of groups. They support christianity as well. Myself i dont like christianity much, bad memories ...

@Skittlebisquit

Yeah. I also have to accept that I am addicted to the emotion of righteous outrage. It is one hell of a downer drug. I think that kind of addiction is fueling a very large part of the current cultural divisions in my country, actually. It is a figurative feel bad opiate, but a figurative opiate nonetheless.

So, maybe it might help to find a spiritual solution that does not actively encourage in engaging in that sort of addiction.

I am not sure "humanity" is the "internet." But in groups, we kind of suck. But I guess I am a non-conformist

embrace kindness

I disagree. While it's true that people inherently look out for themselves and as such are technically "selfish", people generally want to get along with others; if for no other reason than to better ensure that their own wellbeing will be protected and respected. That's not being evil.

Are there people out there who have a desire to hurt, kill and control others? Sure there are such whackjobs/scum/human vermin out there. But they're not the majority by a longshot.

They actually have done studies and have found that college students are more likely to cheat on tests. The breakdown of offering the arts in school such as music appreciation, Art classes, Ballet and Jazz classes leaves younger kids unable to have outlets to express themselves. The digital media creates short-term expections. So l don't necessarily trust younger people like l did maybe 30 years ago. I do truly believe there are less honest people these days.

They actually have done studies and have found that college students are more likely to cheat on tests. The breakdown of offering the arts in school such as music appreciation, Art classes, Ballet and Jazz classes leaves younger kids unable to have outlets to express themselves. The digital media creates short-term expections. So l don't necessarily trust younger people like l did maybe 30 years ago. I do truly believe there are less honest people these days.

"Class, take out your bluebook and turn to page two. You may start writing on the second line halfway on the page. Please begin now."

When I had my film criticism website a few years ago, I felt like I had an outlet to express myself. Sadly, the site got hacked on an attack on another site on the server it was being hosted on and it has not been up since then. Perhaps I should start writing movie reviews again and focus on bringing my film criticism website back up. And perhaps I should try to recruit other quality writers for my website while I am at it.

Plenty of people aren't evil. Most people aren't. Yes, you probably are going to the wrong places if you think this. You are in charge of you, so you should probably decide to spend time more fruitfully. Do something about what's wrong, or stop moaning about it, eh?

It's a difficult time, all this covid stuff, and it's making life difficult and isolating people. Hope you regain a sense of balance soon. I absolutely agree there's bad stuff out there that needs to be challenged and changed, changes in the law and changes in attitudes and awareness.

I definitely am going to all of the wrong places when I am reading the comments on news articles on Facebook and taking that at a representation of humanity as a whole.

The core issue is ignorance, not evil, as I see these things.

Humanity is actually at the dawn of awakening. We did not destroy our self with a WW III. It is true that most of humanity is in a struggle to survive. Often at the expense of another. Once we understand that everything is connected and that global economic well being is the goal, all can prosper and act more responsibly towards others.

John

New Threads

Top Bottom