• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Humans are a plague.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I have no faith left in humanity. Everybody is evil. Myself included.

Guess I should leave the Internet for a few years. Or a lifetime. I am a junkie for the online world.

Plenty of people aren't evil. Most people aren't. Yes, you probably are going to the wrong places if you think this. You are in charge of you, so you should probably decide to spend time more fruitfully. Do something about what's wrong, or stop moaning about it, eh?

It's a difficult time, all this covid stuff, and it's making life difficult and isolating people. Hope you regain a sense of balance soon. I absolutely agree there's bad stuff out there that needs to be challenged and changed, changes in the law and changes in attitudes and awareness.

You need to try and alter that belief. If you sincerely believe all of humanity is evil - then life will continually present itself that way. It's a dangerous mindset to be stuck in. A good starting point would be to stop reading the news. After that, I would recommend spending more time with family and friends. This might be difficult during lockdowns, but you have to put in the effort if you want to see the results.

It might sound counterintuitive - but if you start to feel and believe that humanity is good, you will start to see life in a new way. Of course that probably sounds "far too simple" or even stupid. But changing a belief isn't an overnight occurrence.

We have to do our best to replace unhelpful or destructive beliefs, otherwise our lives will continually upset us and drag us down.

Ed

I read that one definition of evil is the abscence of good. There is decency out there. Heros too. And nobility. And charity and kindness. Ed is right, alot of what we experience is based on expectation

Humans have the capability to do both good or bad.
I think they both exist in everyone. The Yin/Yang theory.
God/The Universe, or maybe even by choice,
however you want to think we got here,
is for a reason.
We may not know what that reason is for, but, it is what it is.
So, I do not judge in people being all one or the other.
It is a mix and the individuals are in constant change.
That includes you also. Hang around and see both sides.

I can understand how you feel. The best thing to remember when you feel like you do is that you can only control yourself. Good luck.

Yeah I agree with your conclusion, OP. It certainly isn't uplifting to the rest of us, if you trumpet that all people are evil. It poisons your own experience too, but I'm asking you to think of others before you post this sort of thing.

l am going the marketing route on this one. Just random packaging variety paks. I have noticed that groups of people can usually have bad motives. Just worked in a place like that. Groups do work together for not good results in employment. But there is the toss of the coin, and many groups like to help people in need like charity types. Think it depends on their economic situation that also drives people to predatory types of behaviour, l see this as a ongoing struggle where l live. The has and the has nots. l tend to stick to myself due to this. When you turn senior citizen, guess what, 93.201% of people see you as prey. Welcome to my world.

Last edited:
I am thinking of starting a nihilistic death metal band and naming it Misanthropia. All of my lyrics will be about how much mankind sucks. I need a drummer, a bass player and two guitarists. And an entire symphonic orchestra to back us up on our songs of woe and sorrow. Who here wants to join my band?

One of my friends claimed I entered full blown martyr mode. I hate how right he was when he said that.

I am thinking of starting a nihilistic death metal band and naming it Misanthropia. All of my lyrics will be about how much mankind sucks. I need a drummer, a bass player and two guitarists. And an entire symphonic orchestra to back us up on our songs of woe and sorrow. Who here wants to join my band?

One of my friends claimed I entered full blown martyr mode. I hate how right he was when he said that.

This is a healthy sign, tho likely a bit overwrought. Your inner guidance system is suggesting Art as a way to relieve stress, and that Writing is enhanced in readily accessible mode now. Respectfully, i regard the violent and mis antropic thought frames, as well as rage, et al. To be a call to action, namely exercise. You have a surplus of a subtle type of energy now, to scratch the itch you need to sweat it out. Even 30 mins of vigorous activity like digging or sawing will hit the reset

This is a healthy sign, tho likely a bit overwrought. Your inner guidance system is suggesting Art as a way to relieve stress, and that Writing is enhanced in readily accessible mode now. Respectfully, i regard the violent and mis antropic thought frames, as well as rage, et al. To be a call to action, namely exercise. You have a surplus of a subtle type of energy now, to scratch the itch you need to sweat it out. Even 30 mins of vigorous activity like digging or sawing will hit the reset

I should also learn how to walk away and not feel anything when I see somebody post something on the Internet that indicates depths of evil that are so abysmal that it drains all the faith I have in mankind right out of me. Meaning no more reading the comments on Facebook news articles. No more reading the political forums anywhere. There are always going to be truly evil people in the world, and there is nothing I can do about them, I just have to let them go.

I should also learn how to walk away and not feel anything when I see somebody post something on the Internet that indicates depths of evil that are so abysmal that it drains all the faith I have in mankind right out of me. Meaning no more reading the comments on Facebook news articles. No more reading the political forums anywhere. There are always going to be truly evil people in the world, and there is nothing I can do about them, I just have to let them go.

Stopped reading comments a few years back on social media and news sites. There used to be some funny or clever or intelligent comments early on, although they are few and far between now. It's made my life better.

I disagree. While it's true that people inherently look out for themselves and as such are technically "selfish", people generally want to get along with others; if for no other reason than to better ensure that their own wellbeing will be protected and respected. That's not being evil.

Are there people out there who have a desire to hurt, kill and control others? Sure there are such whackjobs/scum/human vermin out there. But they're not the majority by a longshot.

There are always going to be truly evil people in the world, and there is nothing I can do about them, I just have to let them go.

Bear in mind the profound difference between evil existing, and evil that triumphs.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

Bear in mind the profound difference between evil existing, and evil that triumphs.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

True, but getting into online debates with evil people will get me nowhere.

I kinda feel like I should leave the perpetual trainwreck that is the Internet altogether and become even more isolated during this time of social distancing, which a friend described to me as "cutting off my nose to spite my face".

Or at least I should refuse to discuss politics or basic moral matters with people online. But it is like engaging in a slow motion trainwreck where turning away is the most difficult thing imaginable. It is as addictive as heroin, and only slightly less unhealthy.

I kinda feel like I should leave the perpetual trainwreck that is the Internet altogether and become even more isolated during this time of social distancing, which a friend described to me as "cutting off my nose to spite my face".

Or at least I should refuse to discuss politics or basic moral matters with people online. But it is like engaging in a slow motion trainwreck where turning away is the most difficult thing imaginable. It is as addictive as heroin, and only slightly less unhealthy.
Interestin
Fbook never turned me on at least not in a decade or so, and then i was wounded and a shut in. I like the forum culture much better.
Maybe its a matter of exercising good taste? Why not ask friends here, where its safe for a short list of forum sites, religious sites, 12 step sites, and news about politics and all that. What i mean is it may be just poor choices about which sites you are visiting?
Perhaps some of them are known to be toxic.

Interestin
Fbook never turned me on at least not in a decade or so, and then i was wounded and a shut in. I like the forum culture much better.
Maybe its a matter of exercising good taste? Why not ask friends here, where its safe for a short list of forum sites, religious sites, 12 step sites, and news about politics and all that. What i mean is it may be just poor choices about which sites you are visiting?
Perhaps some of them are known to be toxic.

Maybe I just need Jesus Christ in my life, and I turn my back on the Internet altogether, because anybody on the Internet can say the most vile things imaginable and know it won't trace back to them in their real world life. I also have been burned in the past by people pretending to be upstanding and enlightened citizens online, only to turn out to be vicious felons in their offline life. The Internet is not the real world at all. It is an illusionary world. The news sites are an illusion, and everybody on the internet is putting up a facade to some degree. Even myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom