• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Human Perseverance

Xinyta

Lost wandering entity

The video's topic is about heartbreak because of failed attempts at loving relationships. But the underlined meaning is something I have been thinking about. Just how amazing the human spirit can be. Life is sometimes hard. It's going to get rather rough on occasion. But someway, somehow, we pull through. Telling ourselves it's not the end.

"It's not over till it's over."

Until we reach our deathbed, we still have hope. No matter the adversity. Whether it's failed relationships, not getting that job, being injured, failing to get somewhere you want to be. It's never over, unless we allow ourselves to believe it is.

You only have truly failed when you give up trying. For alot of us, the hardest parts of our lives are yet to come. For others, they have already faced the worst life has to offer. But many trials will still be ahead of us. Learning experiences will happen every day.

That's another thing. There are people who think because they are done with school that they are 100% prepared for the world and know it all. That's the thing. No one does know. Not till life experiences show them what's going on. What you read in books will only take you so far. It's like reading the instruction manual to a game. You know only enough to play it. You learn more as you play. School is the same way. You learn enough to join everyone else in life. You learn more by living it.

In the end, we all are the sum of our parts. What lessons we take away from life. And how we choose to handle what is thrown our way.

Last edited:
Being able to persevere is a quality that most humans admire and respect as well.

NeverGiveUp.jpg

Trees surviving in an unlikely place. I just saw this today, and I think it fits in well with your wonderful sentiment @Xinyta.

1693862313361.jpeg

1693862467431.jpeg

The video's topic is about heartbreak because of failed attempts at loving relationships. But the underlined meaning is something I have been thinking about. Just how amazing the human spirit can be. Life is sometimes hard. It's going to get rather rough on occasion. But someway, somehow, we pull through. Telling ourselves it's not the end.

"It's not over till it's over."

Until we reach our deathbed, we still have hope. No matter the adversity. Whether it's failed relationships, not getting that job, being injured, failing to get somewhere you want to be. It's never over, unless we allow ourselves to believe it is.

You only have truly failed when you give up trying. For alot of us, the hardest parts of our lives are yet to come. For others, they have already faced the worst life has to offer. But many trials will still be ahead of us. Learning experiences will happen every day.

That's another thing. There are people who think because they are done with school that they are 100% prepared for the world and know it all. That's the thing. No one does know. Not till life experiences show them what's going on. What you read in books will only take you so far. It's like reading the instruction manual to a game. You know only enough to play it. You learn more as you play. School is the same way. You learn enough to join everyone else in life. You learn more by living it.

In the end, we all are the sum of our parts. What lessons we take away from life. And how we choose to handle what is thrown our way.
Yes well one thing autistics do well is persistence but they can also be very sensitive particularly girls.
Yes it is brave to keep going but you can want help and give up as well then just get back up the next day.
Every hurdle you overcome, you should be proud of it
I am proud of the things I have overcome
And a human should be proud of things they have overcome and things they have achieved rather than compare it to another
Because most humans have something to be proud of.
Most people show some bravery at times and it is not about comparing it to someone else.
Like if you have a terrible childhood it is obviously awful
But even people who have a good childhood say they struggle with university debt or not getting a job for a while or work struggles them when they overcome it they should be proud.
So no one needs to say I wish I was this person or I wish I did things like this person
Because everyone has something to be proud of.

New Threads

Top Bottom