• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How wrong is it? Body shape/appearanve related

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
To tell someone who had ptsd how to feel about their body shape and appearance?
If they are an autistic and have insecurities on it then they are entitled to them
Because society treats larger people so wrong anyway.
It is wrong to go through a weight loss associated with illness and then be tormented to death on all aspects of image.

If a woman wants to feel a certain way she can period and no one can tell her not to. Woman have ownership over their bodies and are sensitive to appearance anyway.
If a person is insecure it does not make them vain and am insecure person does not need to be told their vain.
So..if I as a woman have a certain insecurity then I can it is cptsd anyway. If it takes me time to love myself then it will especially with ptsd.
I should not be told that it is wrong.
Or told I bad about appearance when going through that or after spending a whole lifetime supporting people who were bullied over their appearance or body shape.
If a person thinks it is wrong to put a person down on their body shape like I always have how do I deserve the same thing back?
Go through all this weight loss and illness and put the veil over my eyes and make it about something completely different.
Feels wrong to me.

My experiences with body image was tied into distortions of my self image during a period of profound isolation. Trying to understand why I was suffering and not knowing I was autistic, I felt that I was ugly and physically undesirable.

You definitely don't need, nor should you tolerate anyone telling you much of anything regarding your shape, looks or otherwise. Some people really do need to stay in their own lane per all of that. It proves that most don't think before they speak.

I honestly don't like mirrors myself. I don't like the charts at the doctors that supposedly show what is the correct height and weight for people - they never look correct to me. There are just so many different bone mass types and then so many different ways that muscle and/or fatty portions (we have to have them) fit and sit on our frames. I don't think there will ever be proper looks...just whatever popular looks because of people who probably shouldn't even be who judges what's considered popular, anyway. We all just need folks that can enjoy our eyes and minds more than the rest...or first, at least...because I seriously think that matters most. I ranted, oops.

In my own opinion, such a "wrong" begins at a societal level. Where indeed the average person is treated in such a wrong manner with business propaganda insisting everyone must fundamentally appear above average. Provided of course you purchase XYZ product. :rolleyes:

One which condones a false sense of aesthetics not based on beauty, but rather the avarice of various industries such as cosmetics, fashion and entertainment for corporate profit and shareholder equity.

Where aesthetics are just a marketing ploy rather than any generally accepted standard of beauty.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom