• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How To Use Our Forum Software - FAQ

Brent

Administrator
Our new forum software is live and I wanted to put together a decent FAQ for everyone to hopefully answer some of your questions.

How Do I Post

To create a new thread open the forum you wish to create a thread in. In the top right area you will see a Post New Thread button. Simply press this button and fill out the required fields.

Screenshot 2014-01-28 16.25.38.png

To Reply to a thread, simply open any thread you wish to reply to and at the bottom of the page you will see the editor. If you require More Options or wish to have a full page to reply on, you can hit the More Options button underneath the editor to be taken to a reply page.

How Do I Upload An Image

When replying to a post or creating a thread there will be an Upload a File button. Clicking this will bring up a window where you can choose the files you wish to upload from your computer.

Select the files you wish to upload and after they are done you will be able to insert them into your post in a few ways. Either as thumbnails or Full Images. You will see the options for this after your files are uploaded.

How Do I Create An Album

Creating an album is easy. Simply go to the media page (Media | AspiesCentral.com and select the Add Media button in the top right of the page. From there you can choose an existing album or create a new one from the drop down menu.

What Are Conversations

Conversations are what were once called Private Messages. With conversations you can add more than 1 person if you wish. Only those that you add to a conversation will be able to see the conversation. If you are done with a conversation and do not want to receive anymore updated from it, you can choose the Leave Conversation Link at the top of the conversation you wish to remove yourself from.

How Do I Multi-Quote

Within every post there is a Reply link. To the right of the reply link is a multi-quote link. Clicking the multi-quote link will add that post to your multi-quote list. Your multi-quote list can be used across multiple threads so that you can pull quotes from others threads to respond to in another thread if you wish. See this post for more information on the multi-quote system: XF 1.3 - Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote | XenForo Community

How Can I Change My Style

To change your style you can go to your preferences here and select from available choices: http://www.aspiescentral.com/account/preferences

I Found Something I Think Is Against The Rules. What Do I Do?

If you find a post, thread, image or blog that you think violates our rules, you can report it by hitting the report link. This will send an alert to all moderators and admins and we will be able to take action if we need to.

Spoiler Tag

For those that wish not to reveal something within your post without someone clicking a button (a movie spoiler for example) you can use the spoiler tag.

To use the spoiler tag see the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2014-02-05 22.02.34.png

When used it will look like this:

The text that you will see once you click the button!

How Do I Ignore Someone

If you do not wish to see any posts from a member you can place them on your ignore list here: http://www.aspiescentral.com/account/ignored

How Do I Tag Someone In A Post

If you use Twitter or Facebook you know you can tag someone using the @ character. You can also do this on our forum. If you want to mention someone you can @Vanilla or @Turk or @Droopy and it will automatically alert them that you have mentioned them in that post. This only works on new posts or new threads and there is a limit to how many people you can tag at once in a post or thread. Make sure you do not put a space after the @ sign.

What Are Trophies

Trophies are awarded based on certain accomplishments that you achieve on the forum. For a full list of possible trophies you can earn see our help page here: Trophies | AspiesCentral.com

I will update this thread as more questions are asked.

Last edited:
Brent you might want set a thread for quick tips we discover things.

This is more of a tip I found

Another thing I have found with the alerts, if you click on the thread (lower right) it takes you to the last post in that thread.

Hi Brent :)

First of all, great job, loving the new website the more and more I use it.

There's just a couple of things I hope you could take a look at:

1) just about the chat box; is there a way it could save our font settings? And possibly display the text without the HTML codes? Eg.

2) also, regarding the media tab; it would be nice to have a setting to choose which medias we are alerted by flags with. I do like to browse everyone's lovely images, but the flag does confuse me a bit; I first thought it was someone trying to send me something, as opposed to a notification that there's new media posted.

Thanks again Brent, keep up the good work!

1) just about the chat box; is there a way it could save our font settings? And possibly display the text without the HTML codes?
Thanks again Brent, keep up the good work!
All Shoutbox posts are automatically bolded, so there is no need to worry about those B tags; and color is, in fact, saved automatically; this used to be an issue on the old software, as I usually log on in Incognito Mode, and I would have to update it every time I logged in; now, it remembers your color preference.

All Shoutbox posts are automatically bolded, so there is no need to worry about those B tags; and color is, in fact, saved automatically; this used to be an issue on the old software, as I usually log on in Incognito Mode, and I would have to update it every time I logged in; now, it remembers your color preference.

Oh really? Haha, sorry, didn't realise that. Thanks :)

I liked how the chat box (shoutbox) was visible while reading any thread. That way, it was like a constant invitation to join the conversation. It prompted one to get to know members that one might otherwise not have spoken to. I feel that for us Aspies that was important, as we easily become closed off and reclusive.

I liked how the chat box (shoutbox) was visible while reading any thread. That way, it was like a constant invitation to join the conversation. It prompted one to get to know members that one might otherwise not have spoken to. I feel that for us Aspies that was important, as we easily become closed off and reclusive.

You can pop this chatbox out and have it as a second window.

Hi Brent. Is there away to keep your front, font size, color, Bold from going away while you are posting? I like the same setting for myself all the time. would it be possible to make like toggle or something in our preferences to let us keep the same things or no depending on the person? I know its a lot of extra clicking around for me to keep my posts purple, size 5 and bolded so I can see it. Sooo just wondering.

Excellent feedback thread. I'll have to spend more time here; lately my schedule offline has been swamped. Change is always difficult for most. But if we just invest a little time clicking here and there, this website's simplicity gets easier.

I like the same setting for myself all the time. would it be possible to make like toggle or something in our preferences to let us keep the same things or no depending on the person?

I second this suggestion. I prefer larger, bright colorful fonts :D

Hi Brent. Is there away to keep your front, font size, color, Bold from going away while you are posting? I like the same setting for myself all the time. would it be possible to make like toggle or something in our preferences to let us keep the same things or no depending on the person? I know its a lot of extra clicking around for me to keep my posts purple, size 5 and bolded so I can see it. Sooo just wondering.

I am looking into if this is possible.

in the next step could you think about all Tabs being in bold, other wise your making good progress.

New Threads

Top Bottom