• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to reconcile male and female perspective on creepiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
If humans exist, then ignorance exist then their will always be people mislabeling people creeps with only using a few data points or "intuition" hence ignorance.

Ignorance is just a word. It doesn't explain the "why" of it.

Lets take "few data points" part of what you wrote. Here is a question. Do those people ever have bad days? If so, that should prove them that "few data points" in their own lives doesn't make them despicable overall. So why would they apply such a standard to others?

The word "behave" means "action". But if I haven't said or done anything and people just don't like the way I look, how does it fit into "behave"?

Well, it doesn't. In that case, I guess you'll have to find out exactly what it is that makes you 'look creepy' and then change that.

The word "behave" means "action". But if I haven't said or done anything and people just don't like the way I look, how does it fit into "behave"?

Here, I'll fix it for you. If you LOOK like a creepy guy, then people will think you are creepy. That's life.

Education and enlightenment of all sorts is no guarantee of ethical and moral superiority.

Don't believe me? Ask Rhodes Scholar Bill Clinton as to why he chose to extract sexual favors from a White House page. In his own words, "Because I could".

A classic example of how even smart and reasonable humans can make stupid and unreasonable choices.

Lets take "few data points" part of what you wrote. Here is a question. Do those people ever have bad days? If so, that should prove them that "few data points" in their own lives doesn't make them despicable overall. So why would they apply such a standard to others?
Yes it does ignorance is simply "what we don't know"
Projecting standards on others is rather ignorant as well but we all do it from time to time.

Im unsure if your hell bent on crow-barring into everyone's semantics or you are spiraling off into oblivion or self-sabotaging. Im unsure.

I think at this point you can tell us the context in which you may have been called or inferred a creep by another person and start there to help you and why that particular person has value to you to net such a incessant search for reconciling such word ideology of said issue. I think you mean well but your retort are dettering others from trying to help you.

Or what is your goal from all this? It seems like you have your own solid answer anyway.

Here, I'll fix it for you. If you LOOK like a creepy guy, then people will think you are creepy. That's life.

Well, the difference "behave" and "look" is drastic. Behavior is a choice, the look is not. So judging by behavior is fair, judging by looks isn't.

Why should there be "creepy guy look" anyway? Look is genetic. Behavior isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom