• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to properly reply to daily conversation?

your reply is so much better than simply saying what your favorite dish would be! I would have replied the same. wait, I am gonna ask some NTs and see what they reply, I will get back to you guys.

Don't be fooled, I have found that neurotypicals are not actually interested in you, they are often looking for reassurance from the herd that they "belong". When an NT asks "what is your favorite food", the are often looking for a specific answer. If I can guess what their favorite food is and say that, the NT mind is pleased. Much like a rat who has navigated a maze. "Oh that's mine too!" they squeal with delight and take this as validation of their menial existence. Next time, try this as a social experiment.

New Threads

Top Bottom