• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to deal wiht meltdowns

FlowerFlo

For me unknown reasons i currently cant have a day wiht people in it, wihtout ending in what i think is a meltdown.And i always have a hard time dealing and recovering from these. What is something that could help?

This sounds difficult. What have you tried so far? Maybe take some quiet times throughout the day to chill out? Are you in a school or college environment? It can be hard to get quiet time with a lot of people around. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? A therapist could probably help you work out what triggers you and how to avoid triggers and strategies to cope with things.

I go to school and its one of the main triggers for my meltdowns. Because of that,i am home, until we find something to prevent these meltdowns. I have accutally a hard time talking about more difficult topics to therapist. I always forget the important things when i talk to her.

New Threads

Top Bottom