• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many wake up hearing music in their head and lots of racing thoughts?

Hi -
How many of you wake up feeling bedridden with a mind that won't stop making noise?
Theme music, random racing thoughts and other stuff seem to play constantly in my mind, especially when I am trying to fall asleep and upon waking up.

Is this common among those with ASD?
I wouldn't call it noise--it's just me.

I'm usually already awake in my head before I officially 'wake' up. There's a definite shift in consciousness between being in a state of dreaming and in a state of being awake and I am often aware of this transition. It's also the time when I hear music most clearly and distinctly, although it is usually present as it gives me something to listen to during the day. Except near the end of the day, perhaps because by then I'm too tired? I would certainly never want to get rid of it. Falling asleep is another matter. So long as I am directly engaging with this or that thought I will never get to sleep, but being in such a state of mind as to allow those thoughts to ramble by without engaging them is nigh impossible.

I have no idea if having a busy head is common with ASD.

I thought it was normal.

I have instant smell and sounds, but more predominantly smell sense. If watching cooking, and someone throws like onions and garlic in a pan,, l will smell and hear the sizzle. This can happen with all sorts of things. I do listen to songs over and over. And sometimes there is a one song loop in my head.

Racing thoughts most of the time. Music? Not unless you call 2 constant high pitch tones (my tinnitus) music

Yes! It’s weird because I was just thinking of this very thing. A different song wakes me up every morning now. Not sure if it’s a hallucination or what.!

Yes! It’s weird because I was just thinking of this very thing. A different song wakes me up every morning now. Not sure if it’s a hallucination or what.!
Electronic harassment? :screamcat:

I can't recall ever having music intrusion.
Losts of aberrant thoughts, however.

Depending on how good the sleep was and how lucid the dreams were, both of which I think are related, I could be waking up with something that could give anything on Broadway or the big screen a run for its money. Not to say that that happens often, but if both the thoughts and the music were somehow mixed with each other...well, maybe.

Irritating, until I can shift my brain to manual mode, at which point I can (somewhat) control the flow of thought, but that's been a lifelong struggle. My brain can and will switch gears without notice, and it's not always pleasant.

New Threads

Top Bottom