• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you meet people?

I'm in this situation too; small town without much to do besides drink. There was a meaningful conversations meetup but it ended. The problem is no groups meet enough for me to make friends. Although I'm trying a new nerds meetup that started recently.

I'm really depressed that no one has contacted me on Match.com. Guys outnumber girls in my town so it's really hard to meet anyone irl, except social drinkers which I'm not one of.

I hope the new nerds meetup goes well and lasts so you can make one or two connections at least.

I definitely think hobbies are a good way to go to finding someone. I met my husband through our love for arcade dance machines. We just met randomly in an arcade and played some credits together, became best friends, and eventually started being together once I was single again and we decided to give it a go. We weren't quick, haha! We got to knowing eachother for something like a decade before dating. I struggle to know how people can date someone they've not known for a decent time like they seem to these days .The dating apps seem stressful to use.

Best wishes.

New Threads

Top Bottom