• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can you handle it?

carbon12

Utterly obssessed/uninterested
How?
Don't you get tired of people telling you that you are wrong just because you were born certain way? I do. And I do feel tired of everything, even of myself...
I can't handle that sound of claps, that smell of meat, that taste of egg, that spongy texture!
I am tired.
Of people telling me that I am a dork, just because I didn't catch up that blink they sent me. Of that rethorical question the teacher asked. Of that game where everyone were shouting.
Of having to take a different-color notebook because the orange ones were just too...orange and bright. Of having to work alone because my classmates' mothers were thinking I was a psyco,....when I was just being myself.
I am tired of having to leave the perfect day to see a psychiatrist. Of having to explain why I classify my crayons by quality and color and clothes by rainbow forms.
I am tired of this world I've been thrown. I don't feel wrong.
Comments?

Last edited:
Perhaps the greatest challenge we face in relating to others is the notion that all people share the same subjective experience in relation to the same stimuli. I have to admit to being guilty of this myself. But the fact is that we all percieve the world differently, and the further one is from the norm the more "unreasonable" they are going to seem to others. It would be wonderfull if everyone could be made to understand these differences, but how does one proove that they feel a certain way?

I am reminded of conversations I have had where one person injured themselves and complained how much it hurt. An other individual then belittled the other because the second person had sustained a more serious injury in the past and had not had as severe a rection. They thereby concluded that the first person could not possibly be experiencing as much pain as they claimed and were therefore merely "being a wuss" and faking it for attention. It made me want to scream, "It is not your place to qualify an other's subjective experiences!", but that probably would have drawn strange looks.

I don't handle it. Hey you asked.
I thought it would get better as I got older . It hasn't - people are playing the same social games they played at 14. I work with some of these people. Some I am related to. It helps if you try not to care about their opinion. Unfortunatly I haven't won lotto yet and I still have to eat.

I have lived for 71.5 years, and I have been unhappy for all of them. If I had been born without legs and unable to walk all my life, no one would be surprised that I was angry. So--I have never been "normal" and never fit in anywhere. I have frequently been someone's target. I wonder how many people on the spectrum are actually happy? Everyone should have the opportunity to happy and having any type of handicap makes happiness very elusive. I don't believe Autism and real happiness are very likely to coexist. I manage to make my life bearable by keeping to myself as much as possible and allowing myself the luxury of having and loving pets. Find something you love, something people can't take away from you, and allow yourself to feel good about something in your life. Right now I am blessed with a pesky cat who is trying to walk on the keyboard and is blocking the monitor.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom