• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Holiday pressure and guilt

I hate this season for one reason, because it completely insults Jesus, since he was not born on the 25 of December and in fact, it is a pagan festival, dressed up to look like it isn't and it is such an upfront to my God, Jehovah and His dear son, Jesus.

I know that many do not celebrate with that in mind, for in fact, I used to celebrate it myself and not for religious reasons.

All that magical feeling leading up to the day was great, but then, the next day, everything just seemed gaudy and of course, don't get started on the fact that many families get into huge debts, because of needing to get presents and then what? Boxing day, all the prices are slashed.

I hate this season for one reason, because it completely insults Jesus, since he was not born on the 25 of December and in fact, it is a pagan festival, dressed up to look like it isn't and it is such an upfront to my God, Jehovah and His dear son, Jesus.

I know that many do not celebrate with that in mind, for in fact, I used to celebrate it myself and not for religious reasons.

All that magical feeling leading up to the day was great, but then, the next day, everything just seemed gaudy and of course, don't get started on the fact that many families get into huge debts, because of needing to get presents and then what? Boxing day, all the prices are slashed.

I look at it as celebrating the winter solstice (which is technically the 21st, but close enough). The darkest days of winter will be behind us, presuming you're in the northern hemisphere. Seems worth celebrating that to me regardless of religion.

If my understanding is correct, the reason Christianity created Christmas at the time of the Pagan festival was to make it easier to convert & assimilate Pagans into Christianity. So, I kind of find it ironic that Christians would find it an affront. If anything, you'd think Pagans would find it an affront. Cultural appropriation and all that...

New Threads

Top Bottom