• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Highly Sensitive Person Quiz.

14. Is heightened sensitivity correlated with autism? I know it's related in many cases. The answer is not obvious to me but I've only been learning about the spectrum for the last year or so. But for example my son (suspected HFA) is very undersensitive to many sensory stimuli, but oversensitive to certain others. I am definitely more sensing, but not to an extreme degree.

19 though I don't believe in HSP as a separate thing. I think many people including NT's would score high on this.

I don't think it was ever intended as a separate thing, on the website it says that it is not a disorder or a condition.

It is found in 15 to 20% of the population–too many to be a disorder, but not enough to be well understood by the majority of those around you.

The Highly Sensitive Person

New Threads

Top Bottom