• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

kicker

I was recently diagnosed with Aspergers by a doctor at a local university that specializes in autism (2 months ago). I have been in therapy for going on 20 years (since I was 14) and finally a diagnosis I can agree with. Therapy for me; has been trying to figure out why I am always "wrong". I was diagnosed with everything from narcissism to borderline personality disorder to clinical depression, but none of them ever really fit.

I enjoy painting (oil, acrylic, watercolor), artwork in general really its whatever medium I need to get the idea out, mobile app development using Flash/Flash Builder and AS3, I also have a strong interest in space/physics and anthropology.

I live in the Greater Atlanta, GA metropolitan area.

I figured I would join, because right now I am driving my roommate nuts with the self actualization I am going through. I'm trying not to, but it's what is stuck in my head at the moment like a pounding drum. Unfortunately it has been stuck there for about a month and a half. My roommate says I am just working it out how I normally do; by logically rationalizing it; and eventually it will settle like everything else that I get stuck on that is big. It's true, but at the moment it is driving me bonkers.

Anyway would just like to say hi. Unfortunately you can probably expect a few posts from me asking questions, I'm "comparing notes" at the moment with everyone. If it annoys anyone just say so I'm not easily offended by that. :p

Hi Kicker! Welcome to Aspies Central. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions - feel free to post as often as you want. We're not the type of forum in which its members get annoyed with anyone. Seriously, everyone on here is so friendly and understanding of any situation that is going on. The sense of community is so strong here that I feel that all of us forum members make up a really close-knit family. I hope everything works out well, both on the forum and everything that's going on in your life.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and best wishes. I'm sure that my experience here will be a positive one.

New Threads

Top Bottom