• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Vulcanel

I'm Chris in Texas. I got a 33 on the online test. Working on my truck today, I spent a ton of time cutting my own valve seats last summer on the cylinder heads - perfection.
Unfortunately the bottom end of the motor is old and the # 3 spark plug keeps getting oil-fouled which suggests a bad piston ring. Good thing I collected engine blocks, lol, I have a brand new one in my closet, and a set of pistons and rods. Darn, I really don't want to be playing with the motor, got better things to obsess on.

Hello vulcanel,

welcome to aspiescentral, from reading your story about repairing the truck, seems you are a hands on person, I am the same way, just can't resist digging in under the hood if something was wrong with a truck or a car, its a great talent to have, that way you don't have to have a mechanic do it for you or rely on someone else to fix your truck especially with engine work, its a good thing you had another engine that was in better condition, good luck with it (if not finished with truck's engine yet)

I read in another post that you had a collection of and talent in electronics and old vacuum tubes and named Chris, I know a guy who reminds me of you, he's in NJ, he also likes the old monitor top refrigerators as well.

-Jess (doordoctor

Hello vulcanel,

welcome to aspiescentral, from reading your story about repairing the truck, seems you are a hands on person, I am the same way, just can't resist digging in under the hood if something was wrong with a truck or a car, its a great talent to have, that way you don't have to have a mechanic do it for you or rely on someone else to fix your truck especially with engine work, its a good thing you had another engine that was in better condition, good luck with it (if not finished with truck's engine yet)

I read in another post that you had a collection of and talent in electronics and old vacuum tubes and named Chris, I know a guy who reminds me of you, he's in NJ, he also likes the old monitor top refrigerators as well.

-Jess (doordoctor

Thank you :) It has been an obsession for 35 years but I don't really "like" working on cars but do it out of necessity b/c mechanics I had bad luck with, charge too much $$ and don't do the job right, so instead of paying for a brake job I would just buy the tools instead and for every job over the years so now I have tons of tools, I like to call my collection. I love good tools usually keep a couple here in my office just to look at. When I cut the valve seats I wore jeweler's magnifier and got every seat cut perfect, took about 10 hours but using hand tools, you can't get that quality in any shop b/c it would be cost prohibitive for them and the seats prob don't need to be as perfect as what I made them into. I hope I never do it again. :))

New Threads

Top Bottom