• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hi

Ashlee723

I'm not very good at this stuff so.....I'm Ashlee i'm 27 as of right now am self-diagnosed aspie, therapist and I are going to start exploring the possibility of a diagnosis, not that it matters really she told me if it seems to fit then more than likely I am, and to me it seems to be the missing piece that i've searched for my whole life so far. The reason that I am actively pursuing and reaching out mostly is because my 4 yr old son is showing signs and even tho I went thru this myself as a child, sometimes I tend to be a little harsh on him and not as understanding as I should be. So any support I can find would be so great, and helpful! thank you!

Interesting! Another self-diagnosed Aspie. I also diagnosed myself with Asperger's some time ago (About two days before I joined this website). I am currently trying to get an official diagnosis as well, and have referrals to six different psychiatrists. First one to call me get's a new patient I guess :3
Welcome to Aspie Central! and good luck with the Diagnosis!

Hi Ashlee723! I spoke to you briefly in the shoutbox. Welcome to the forum! Several of us here are Aspies with kids too so you'll find others who are familiar with the challenges you face. Although my kids are grown, I still struggle with many aspects of being a parent (the social aspects) & have to remind myself to get into Mom mode. If it turns out that your son is on the spectrum too, you'll know what is going on & you'll be able to help him not feel like he's a defective person: just different.

I'm not even sure I know what mom mode is? I'm so lost sometimes I just sit in my room and disconnect from it all? I'm hoping tho that he always knows that he can come to me whenever he feels like there is no one else who understands, and know that I will more than likely understand his feelings. Him and I are so much closer than I am with my other kids, of course I love them all more than life itself, but him and I share this special bond, so much in common, he is me (other than the fact that he is a spitting image of his father lol) he is everything that I am. He was born 3 days after my birthday, so we are the same zodiac, he was also born under the same chinese sign as me, he's the only one who is left handed like me, and if he has this it's just one more thing that we share.

Welcome to AC. There are alot of parents here that have kids that are AS or similar diagnosis or people in transition of getting diagnosed and such. Its nice to meet you. Jump on in the waters nice and warm. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom