• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, new here

The Friend of Joy

Hi, I'm new here, and despite my rather funny/a bit strange username, I sort of wanted to try this forum out.

I am officially diagnosed with Aspergergs, a male of 25 years. I was diagnosed officially five years ago. Before that, people just suspected I had it, and I was told I had it at the age of fourteen, which was actually a bit difficult for me at that time, as I felt not all the descriptions of Asperger entirely fitted me. And I still don't, but in the past I have certainly had aspects of it. My autism is very mild, it has become milder with age also. I used to have trouble communicating with people, very shy, and preferred to be around adults and talk and have intelligent conversations with them, than spend time with other childs at mye age, who were into superficial stuff.

Now at older age, I have some friends who I feel comfortable with, and I can be very talkative with the right people. Some months ago, I met a guy at my own age who I have befriended online, and that is literally the first time I have gotten good contact with someone my age in reality (online there has been other times as well). And when I'm in a classroom now, I feel rather confident and calm, and doesn't have a problem with groupwork anymore, which I did when I was younger.

I'm known as a kind person, who often uses my time to help or talk to others, and who loves things like history (particularly modern history), politics (I follow a ton of elections in the western world, or okay, that was overdoing it. I follow a few), and I have earlier liked to play some video games like Crash Bandicoot, Assassins Creed or Mass Effect.

I'm also a very open-minded person, and takes an interest in spirituality, even though I follow the intellectual stuff in politics and history. I often prefer people who have more than just one aspect of their personality, and who have depth, but I try to accept everyone as they are. I'm not intelligent in the ways of science and math, but I have deep insight in politics and history, which is due to that being my interests.

If you want to contact me, it is easier to talk at mail, but we can talk in the forum to, if you want to.

I also dream of creating a forum which several people can participate in, and I am already cooperating with a few, mostly one, to attempt this. I'd like a forum built up around projects, politics (creating a political system for the forum - I know, that sounds strange, but I love strange and fun ideas), and competitions etc.. As well as a forum where people feel they can contribute and come with ideas. The motive of this forum would be comic-books, as I feel cartoons and comics remind me of my childhood. But as you can see, this is a dream, and I'm of course trying to be realistic here.

If you are interested in just talking, or anything else, just contact me. If you share any of my interests in any way, as I know it might be more likely to find people with common interests here, just contact me, if you just want to talk about history or anything really. :)

I generally answer people who are nice or at least polite.

-Friendly regards, the Friend of Joy

upload_2019-11-1_9-25-32.png

Hello and welcome. Now that you mentioned it, I remember when I was young I preferred talking to adults, too. Interesting.

Ode to Friend of Joy

Stay and feel welcomed
Friend of Joy
Friends Indeed

History, Science, Cartoons
Friend of Joy
Friend for me!

Thanks for all the welcomes, and nice ode! :)

You guys seem nice. I might send a message/mail, but don't be shy to send me one too, if you want to! :)

Yes, I suspect preferring talk with adults as a child with Aspergers isn't entirely uncommon, but of course, everyone is different. I met one very social guy with this diagnose once. I'm from Norway by the way. :)

I used to have trouble communicating with people, very shy, and preferred to be around adults and talk and have intelligent conversations with them, than spend time with other childs at mye age, who were into superficial stuff.

I can extremely hardcore relate to this. When I was in pre-kindergarten, I liked talking to my teacher more than the other students. I've always thought the conversations my aunts and uncles had were much more interesting than those of my cousins. I've been in romantic relationships with men who are much older than me.

Sometimes, I have little hope in my ability to connect with those who are my own age! What will happen when all the older people have died, and I'm the only one left? :grimacing::smile:

I can extremely hardcore relate to this. When I was in pre-kindergarten, I liked talking to my teacher more than the other students. I've always thought the conversations my aunts and uncles had were much more interesting than those of my cousins. I've been in romantic relationships with men who are much older than me.

Sometimes, I have little hope in my ability to connect with those who are my own age! What will happen when all the older people have died, and I'm the only one left? :grimacing::smile:

I suspect and hope there will always be new old people to get to know! :)

But I understand a bit how you feel. It can be difficult, but at the same time: Those who once were young, become older they too, and maybe more interesting (?) :)

Hi, I'm new here, and despite my rather funny/a bit strange username, I sort of wanted to try this forum out.

I am officially diagnosed with Aspergergs, a male of 25 years. I was diagnosed officially five years ago. Before that, people just suspected I had it, and I was told I had it at the age of fourteen, which was actually a bit difficult for me at that time, as I felt not all the descriptions of Asperger entirely fitted me. And I still don't, but in the past I have certainly had aspects of it. My autism is very mild, it has become milder with age also. I used to have trouble communicating with people, very shy, and preferred to be around adults and talk and have intelligent conversations with them, than spend time with other childs at mye age, who were into superficial stuff.

Now at older age, I have some friends who I feel comfortable with, and I can be very talkative with the right people. Some months ago, I met a guy at my own age who I have befriended online, and that is literally the first time I have gotten good contact with someone my age in reality (online there has been other times as well). And when I'm in a classroom now, I feel rather confident and calm, and doesn't have a problem with groupwork anymore, which I did when I was younger.

I'm known as a kind person, who often uses my time to help or talk to others, and who loves things like history (particularly modern history), politics (I follow a ton of elections in the western world, or okay, that was overdoing it. I follow a few), and I have earlier liked to play some video games like Crash Bandicoot, Assassins Creed or Mass Effect.

I'm also a very open-minded person, and takes an interest in spirituality, even though I follow the intellectual stuff in politics and history. I often prefer people who have more than just one aspect of their personality, and who have depth, but I try to accept everyone as they are. I'm not intelligent in the ways of science and math, but I have deep insight in politics and history, which is due to that being my interests.

If you want to contact me, it is easier to talk at mail, but we can talk in the forum to, if you want to.

I also dream of creating a forum which several people can participate in, and I am already cooperating with a few, mostly one, to attempt this. I'd like a forum built up around projects, politics (creating a political system for the forum - I know, that sounds strange, but I love strange and fun ideas), and competitions etc.. As well as a forum where people feel they can contribute and come with ideas. The motive of this forum would be comic-books, as I feel cartoons and comics remind me of my childhood. But as you can see, this is a dream, and I'm of course trying to be realistic here.

If you are interested in just talking, or anything else, just contact me. If you share any of my interests in any way, as I know it might be more likely to find people with common interests here, just contact me, if you just want to talk about history or anything really. :)

I generally answer people who are nice or at least polite.

-Friendly regards, the Friend of Joy

Hello and welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom