• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm new

Sasha22

No surrender
V.I.P Member
Hello, so I'm not even sure about my self-diagnosis but have been wondering about autism for years. I had a therapist (supposedly good) tell me, "Oh no, lol, if you were autistic you'd have zero empathy". I now realize that this was not quite accurate. Anyway, I might have a few traits.

Among things I've heard a million times: "You're way too literal", "You're so black and white" - also I have this idea that in a previous life I probably was a machine in a factory, and/or a bloodhound. All I do is observe, investigate, and seek to establish patterns - that's the only way I know how to think. And well, it works. I feel like a car going full speed and having to pull the breaks sometimes to look at something more closely - even when I let go, it's part of a pattern I've designed. I have zero imagination for "complete fiction" but can re-arrange reality in a million ways. I do have empathy, prolonged eye contact leaves me exhausted, confused and generally ashamed. And well, there's more, but hey. We'll see .
Anyway, hi, and looking forward to meeting you guys.

Welcome! I hope you'll find that this is a space where you can express yourself freely and ask the questions you might have been afraid to ask anywhere else!

wp-1677091903419.jpg

Nope. You only get kicked for being mean, using gutter talk on an open board or doing dangerous drama antics.

So i wrote an intro thread a while ago. It was set for primitive bias, basic literacy, age 65. The whole format changed since then, i was gone for a while

Well several of us worked on it actually it was a group effort.

Ah, cool, thank you for sharing (and for making the tutorial) - I was just thinking I wasn't sure where to click, so this will help :)

Its from before the new system. I am a fooldangle finagler so, i mostly just pretend alot and guess. Please dont tell anyone, they all think i am something else

Oh dear.
There are games too. I was a player in one of the longest duels in the history of the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom