• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm K.

kblackbird

Felt it would be rude to not introduce myself even if I'm terrified. I join forums but I don't really contribute because I feel too nervous. I'm undiagnosed, but have been diagnosed PTSD by one doc and anxiety by another. But I've been not "normal" since before the abuse. So I dunno. Three of my friends, two with autism and one an aspie are extremely sure I'm an aspie too. It would make sense.

I'm going to stop rambling now. I'm better at answering questions than making up intro's.

Welcome aboard! No need to feel nervous around here. This is a friendly and understanding bunch.
image.jpg

Welcome to AC, kblackbird! You've come to the right place in a quest to help determine if you're on the spectrum.

Last edited:
Hi kblackbird and welcome :)

Are there any hobbies or any interests that you enjoy?

Thank you, and yes.

I have constant hobbies/interests, reoccurring hobbies/interests, and ones that I hold for a time until I'm bored of them.

Some constants - art of every kind, singing (I love impersonating styles and accents I hear), reading (I tend to check out 13-20 books on a subject I'm on from the library), spending time with my dogs.

Reoccurring - dance, languages, instruments, cooking, gardening.

Currently I'm hoarding information on mycology, ethnobotany, knitting, dog training (I'd like to train one of my dogs to calm me or alert a loved one when in panic mode and self-harm mode), and making comics.

I could talk forever on any of those things. Friends tell me I'm "so smart" or that I'm a walking encyclopedia.

You need not fear participation. You are in a friendly environment here. :) Even though I'm new, I've been made to feel welcome and at ease.

Hi,
So many of us have anxiety and especially nervousness in social settings... but as has been mentioned we maintain a non-threatening atmosphere here. We do it so we can speak without fear of someone being rude. But also because we all have such interior issues and problems such things are normal to us.

So take advantage of the situation to talk a little and maybe you will find it comfortable enough to talk more, etc.

Welcome kbird.

The vast majority of us on the spectrum have issues with socialization, so you will find us quite understanding about social anxiety. I hope that you find comfort here.

(I'd like to train one of my dogs to calm me or alert a loved one when in panic mode and self-harm mode
Welcom, kblackbird.
I think I may have involuntarily trained my dog to do this. Before I even show outward signs of anxiety my dog will start shaking, panting, and giving me concerned looks. Sometimes she even knows before I do.

New Threads

Top Bottom