• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from the UK (South West England)

Sophie13

Hiya

I have put my profile as self diagnosed but I'm not 100% certain. I certainly have more than a few traits but I don't think I am very strongly affected and family members have aspie traits too.

Any way I think I will enjoy learning more about aspergers on here. I certainly feel a whole lot better since I have recently found out my struggles in life could be more down aspergers than I first thought since I learned a little more about it as it seems to 'fit'.

I look forward to getting to know people on here too!

Sophie

Hello, Sophie!

You're in good company here---many of us are unsure of our "official status" as Aspies or have chosen to self-diagnose, and while I have a diagnosis from a doctor, the feeling of relief you have is the same I had when I found out (well, there was also terror and despair for a while, but ultimately relief).

See you around! :)

Welcome to the forum Sophie.

In my case it was a relief to be diagnosed with aspergers, But I also saw the benefits of it.
I have learned a lot since joining.

Welcome to the forums Sophie! We hope you enjoy your stay!

Refreshments are at the bar... Also here have a cookie!!

Oh and I always knew I was different in a good way! It ain't all that bad being different! In fact, I was relieved when I was diagnosed with aspergers.

Welcome, Sophie! It's nice to welcome and greet new members to this vital forum for all of us aspies. I often think that my own experience with Asperger's is like a garden that I planted, where some of my garden plants grow huge, lush and fruitful (like academic knowledge), while others are barely above ground (social, practical, and communication issues). This has led me to many incomplete successes in my career search, but now I am at a place where I feel more comfortable with what life has given me.

Last edited:
Thank you all for being so welcoming :)
Yes it's a relief, and to have some of the questions I've had about myself finally answered has given me some more confidence and I don't feel ashamed like I used to. Life is at last really on the up after a bit of a rocky ride!
Sophie

Feel welcome to ask questions Sophie, I think a lot of us have been or are at a similar stage to you. Feel free to send me a private message if you have query and i'll try to help you. if I can not help I will try help you, find a way to put it up on the forum.

Hi Sophie! Welcome to aspiescentral. You will find a lot of kind, supportive people here. I know I have.

New Threads

Top Bottom