• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hi everyone.

acuteobtuse

hi there.

i'm a self-diagnosed aspie for the time being, but looking into local resources and autism centers for an actual diagnosis. i've always been the "weird girl" that never fit in to any social setting, either standard/conventional or subcultural. (except for being a nerd, but that's more of a personality difference than a social grouping.)
having been given my baby book by my mother recently, as well as stories and statements she has told me of my social and emotional development growing up and then subsequently researching autism spectrum diagnoses for several weeks, i feel as though i might actually "belong" here and will feel that finally my entire life will make sense with such a diagnosis/categorization.

i am gainfully employed in a technical/networking field and have been for 6 years. tried my hand at university in biochemistry with medical school intent, which failed for a plethora of reasons then had a few odd low-paying jobs well beneath my skill/intelligence level for a while before i found my "new" job. it is a good fit for me.

that's all for now but i'll probably start coming out of my shell once i'm familiar with my new surroundings.

-a/o

diagnoses: MDD, GAD, social anxiety, social phobia, PTSD
medications: wellbutrin, klonopin, buspar (just coming off zoloft)

Hello, and welcome to Aspies Central. I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.

I like to reply to this and say I haven't done this for ages...

Welcome to AspiesCentral, refreshments are on the side, and here are your complimentary glass of milk and cookies.

*gives milk and cookies*

Enjoy the forums, and I hope you enjoy the complimentary food, just don't give it back, it's free!

1695587679434.png

New Threads

Top Bottom