• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone, it's a relief to be here :)

SarahN

Hi, my name is Sarah and I've recently come to the realization that I most likely have Asperger's Syndrome. It's something I had suspected on and off for years but after discarding it from denial for a long time, I'm finally facing it and it answers so many questions, makes so much sense now. The thing I've struggled with the most and for the longest is being unable to express myself to people. All my life, the words just wouldn't come and I couldn't understand the gulf between myself and them. There's so much about people and human interaction that I don't understand and I have always thought that I was deficient or slow in some way because I just couldn't grasp it no matter how hard I tried. When I figure the fact that I have a niece who has autism and my father, who probably has Asperger's too into it it makes even more sense. There are so many things, when I think about my life and how I think and operate, now that I've done some research on Aspergers, fit like a glove and it all makes sense now. It is such a relief to know that I am not stupid, inadequate, slow, and that there's a reason that no matter how hard I try to be different and like other people, that I just can't measure up in certain things. That's ok, because I have my gifts too and I am working on acknowledging the fact that I am a worthwhile human being. Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to reading about your stories too.

It is indeed a rather strange journey and puzzle to solve. But for many of us I think this is the ultimate destination, apart from becoming self-aware of who and what we are.

To change what we want and can, and to accept that which we can't.

Welcome to AC!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :)
Glad you have joined this friendly community. Best wishes
image.jpg

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Welcome and good luck!:)

Thank you everyone :) It's really nice to be welcomed by people who I feel understand. And I agree Judge, self-awareness is the ultimate force driving us, maybe especially us.

Welcome I'm sure you will find being on here very help full Iv not bin on here long and it's bin a big help to me.:)

Welcome. I understand what you're going through and most people here do. That's the greatest thing about this forum. I can always count on it when I'm feeling lonely or out of place in the outside world.

Hi, my name is Sarah and I've recently come to the realization that I most likely have Asperger's Syndrome. It's something I had suspected on and off for years but after discarding it from denial for a long time, I'm finally facing it and it answers so many questions, makes so much sense now. The thing I've struggled with the most and for the longest is being unable to express myself to people. All my life, the words just wouldn't come and I couldn't understand the gulf between myself and them. There's so much about people and human interaction that I don't understand and I have always thought that I was deficient or slow in some way because I just couldn't grasp it no matter how hard I tried. When I figure the fact that I have a niece who has autism and my father, who probably has Asperger's too into it it makes even more sense. There are so many things, when I think about my life and how I think and operate, now that I've done some research on Aspergers, fit like a glove and it all makes sense now. It is such a relief to know that I am not stupid, inadequate, slow, and that there's a reason that no matter how hard I try to be different and like other people, that I just can't measure up in certain things. That's ok, because I have my gifts too and I am working on acknowledging the fact that I am a worthwhile human being. Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to reading about your stories too.

I know how you feel. It feels that your just not on the same page as those around you. When I kind of thought I had aspergers I was not sure, but after talking with my psychologist and my family they knew but didn't know how to approach me about it. I guess I was the last to know.

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum! It's a relief to finally know what's going on, and to get some closure and begin to forgive past mistakes and heal past wounds.

Hi I know how you feel,i went through a similar situation and didn't find until not long ago,the part where you talked about how sometimes you couldn't say the right words for how you were feeling really hit home for me and I also have an older autistic brother as well,I hope you are able to find people here that you can talk to and I hope you find this site helpful as it has been for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom