• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi Everybody

Belgarion9989

My name is Colin, I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with Asperger's a year ago. My passions are Star Wars, Music, and Military History. I am currently employed as a reference librarian, and love every second of my job.

My primary struggles are motivating myself to do the annoying but necessary tasks in life, and forming romantic relationships (my lasy date left after twenty minutes.)

Welcome to AC. It is great that you have a job you enjoy. Performing meaningful, productive work can have such a positive result on our overall wellbeing.

Hi Colin, welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for here :) And by the way, your job sounds pretty awesome.

Greetings! I struggle a lot with motivating myself to do the tasks that don't interest me too, tremendously. It does feel like that's the part of autism that doesn't get talked about.

hi colin,welcome to AC youve found the right forum!

just wondering,but are you from the UK?
if so,have you thought about applying to go on the undateables?
lots of aspies end up with successful relationships on there.

Welcome :)

Greetings! I struggle a lot with motivating myself to do the tasks that don't interest me too, tremendously. It does feel like that's the part of autism that doesn't get talked about.

I'm terrible with this too. Although I can be pretty bad at motivating myself to start things that I know are going to take a long time too. I have a comic con in March, and I really need to make hats....but it's just getting started that's the trouble :rolleyes:

My name is Colin, I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with Asperger's a year ago. My passions are Star Wars, Music, and Military History. I am currently employed as a reference librarian, and love every second of my job.

My primary struggles are motivating myself to do the annoying but necessary tasks in life, and forming romantic relationships (my lasy date left after twenty minutes.)
welcome, I like history as well. I would love to have your job. I am only the librarian of my own library.

New Threads

Top Bottom