• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey you, what do you do to relax yourself

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
It's been a tough day, maybe you came across awkward, you are in sensory overload, what do you do to feel whole again?????

l have noticed if l am to wired from my preconceived notions of whatever life has handled me, l head off to do; hot bath, online shopping, chocolate, onies pyjamas, heating pad. What helps get to your Nirvana????

Play some games online. Drink tea, relax, watch television, take a bath. Chocolate ice cream, I should know better, my eyelids are swelling.

I do things I enjoy and love such as reading, drawing, coming on these forums and chatting to people, and relaxing in bed with Toby my beagle.

I've never really had sensory overloads, but I'm pretty much always playing video games and lately been reading again

Take my dog for a walk. In the woods preferably. Sometimes, if life schedule allows, we'll walk for 3 or 4 hours. Looking forward to warmer weather so we can be out longer. Marijuana. Almost everything is better with it. IMO

l like to watch my favorite film Noir movies. l love how everything is easy to decipher.

In my younger days, riding my dirt bike as fast as I could on mountain trails was very relaxing. I never could understand how spending 4 hours on a relaxing place like a golf course made me want to pull my hair out, but yet riding on the edge of disaster relaxed me. Maybe I really am crazy.

l have noticed if l am to wired from my preconceived notions of whatever life has handled me, l head off to do; hot bath, online shopping, chocolate, onies pyjamas, heating pad. What helps get to your Nirvana????

Do you know my wife? You just described her almost perfectly. Only it is usually some of my weirdness that sets it off. Even after all these years.

Usually after an overload I’ll put in my earbuds and crank Meshuggah as loud as I can take it until I come to my senses again.

Star Wars video games also help as well.

Usely go to the web (and yes among other places in here But also PLENTY of other forums that fits my interests and diagnosis or life in general ) were i can just forget my RL troubles and focus in other more giving things on line

New Threads

Top Bottom