• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey there

Yes, what do you do, what are your interests? How did you receive your diagnosis? How do you feel about it? Anything along those lines. :) there's no pressure, you can be as private as you wish to be. :)

Hey Elemental!
Sure thing x) I'm very interested in animals. All animals. They fascinate me. Horses, dogs, cats and rats the most. I'm also interested in art. All forms and the history of some of it. I love to read. I read a lot. I could read anything, haha. I was diagnosed when i was 12, i do not remember exactly how i received it haha, all i remember was being very angry a that age. I remember the lady who came to see me to test me. I remember wearing a pink ladies jacket from Grease. I used to be very angry about it, i didnt want to accept it but now i have. Sometimes it can be hard and frustrating but i've learn to live with it. I am who i am :)
I do not know really what to say

I did the test that seems to be popular on here, was just curious as to what i got and is see it on other posts, so thought i'd share;
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 179 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 40 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Hey Jemmy.

So is your love of animals limited to tetrapods, or does it extend to other categories?
I would say that I am fond of tetrapods, especially mamals and birds, but that I find most life forms interesting in their own way. These are really two different kinds of love though, one being the touchy-feely variety, and the other more acedemic.

Although the "touchy-feely" type is only relevant to us; we find some animals "cute" because they resemble our own young, remove that and any living thing has the capacity to be cute in it's own unique way

Hey Elemental!
Sure thing x) I'm very interested in animals. All animals. They fascinate me. Horses, dogs, cats and rats the most. I'm also interested in art. All forms and the history of some of it. I love to read. I read a lot. I could read anything, haha. I was diagnosed when i was 12, i do not remember exactly how i received it haha, all i remember was being very angry a that age. I remember the lady who came to see me to test me. I remember wearing a pink ladies jacket from Grease. I used to be very angry about it, i didnt want to accept it but now i have. Sometimes it can be hard and frustrating but i've learn to live with it. I am who i am :)
I do not know really what to say
I have dogs and they seem to help me on my bad days. I am also interested in art painting and photography. I had a speech problem when I was growing up, 15 years of speech therapy, and art was my escape. Using the pro cameras was my crutch I could use to hide behind at parties so I didn't have to try talking to people. Then that's how I learned to interact with people.

New Threads

Top Bottom