• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, everybody.

AnonymousMe

My name’s Raul, I’m a lonely 30-year-old man that's trying to improve his life, I have level 1 autism and this is my first time here. I’m not here because of my own volition entirely, though I don’t mind, because meeting people that have the same condition as me will be interesting and, hopefully, develop an online friend or two. Anyway, I’m seeing a psychologist and she recommended me to talk with girls that have autism, for reasons that I don’t remember, unfortunately. =P (I’ll ask her whenever I get the chance) It does, however, have to do with improving my socializing skills, so I won’t be speaking to anyone in vain. Since this is my introduction, I’ll give a general overview of my interests and if anyone is interested in chatting, start a new conversation.

My primary interest, not surprisingly enough, is video games. I have a fair collection; I haven’t played everything, even stuff that’s popular, which is a shame, because I wish I could have more knowledge on stuff that girls like, like Pokemon, Zelda, FFXV, etc. My secondary interest is writing. I spend most of my time on my computer, developing many ideas I have for stories I’m planning on start writing someday and, hopefully, publish, at least, one of them.

One of my ambivalences is reading. I do appreciate literature, but only if it is a particular book I am interested in. Currently, I’m reading Dante’s Paradiso of The Divine Comedy. Another ambivalence I have is music. I like two particular metal bands (Rhapsody of Fire & Mago de Oz), but other than that, I have no real taste for it. I mostly hear movie and video game soundtracks and some classic music. I am expanding though; I got recommended many symphonic metal bands.

This might sound very odd, but one of my dislikes is TV. I don’t like watching series that are still ongoing (because I hate cliffhangers) and I have NO interest in anything that is live-action. However, if it’s something that’s long ended, then I’d be willing to give them a chance, like old sitcoms. I do watch documentaries and anime though, for the latter, haven’t watched much of it, even stuff that’s popular, so I’m not very knowledgeable. Sports is something else that I don’t like as a whole, I don’t like watching it and I don’t like playing it, maybe I would enjoy it more if I had a more lean body, which I am working towards for by lifting weights.

I guess that’s enough for the moment. I am a very free person and an open book, so I’ll be checking for messages frequently and I can talk about mostly anything.

My name’s Raul, I’m a lonely 30-year-old man that's trying to improve his life, I have level 1 autism and this is my first time here. I’m not here because of my own volition entirely, though I don’t mind, because meeting people that have the same condition as me will be interesting and, hopefully, develop an online friend or two. Anyway, I’m seeing a psychologist and she recommended me to talk with girls that have autism, for reasons that I don’t remember, unfortunately. =P (I’ll ask her whenever I get the chance) It does, however, have to do with improving my socializing skills, so I won’t be speaking to anyone in vain. Since this is my introduction, I’ll give a general overview of my interests and if anyone is interested in chatting, start a new conversation.

My primary interest, not surprisingly enough, is video games. I have a fair collection; I haven’t played everything, even stuff that’s popular, which is a shame, because I wish I could have more knowledge on stuff that girls like, like Pokemon, Zelda, FFXV, etc. My secondary interest is writing. I spend most of my time on my computer, developing many ideas I have for stories I’m planning on start writing someday and, hopefully, publish, at least, one of them.

One of my ambivalences is reading. I do appreciate literature, but only if it is a particular book I am interested in. Currently, I’m reading Dante’s Paradiso of The Divine Comedy. Another ambivalence I have is music. I like two particular metal bands (Rhapsody of Fire & Mago de Oz), but other than that, I have no real taste for it. I mostly hear movie and video game soundtracks and some classic music. I am expanding though; I got recommended many symphonic metal bands.

This might sound very odd, but one of my dislikes is TV. I don’t like watching series that are still ongoing (because I hate cliffhangers) and I have NO interest in anything that is live-action. However, if it’s something that’s long ended, then I’d be willing to give them a chance, like old sitcoms. I do watch documentaries and anime though, for the latter, haven’t watched much of it, even stuff that’s popular, so I’m not very knowledgeable. Sports is something else that I don’t like as a whole, I don’t like watching it and I don’t like playing it, maybe I would enjoy it more if I had a more lean body, which I am working towards for by lifting weights.

I guess that’s enough for the moment. I am a very free person and an open book, so I’ll be checking for messages frequently and I can talk about mostly anything.

Hi Raul and welcome!

I like anime too! My favorite series is Haibane Renmei which means charcoal feather. The Studio Ghibli films are all good but I liked Princess Mononoke the best. Another really good one is Spring and Chaos which is about the life of Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa. How about stop motion films? Mary and Max is a really good one that includes an Aspie. I will say no more because I don't want to ruin it for you. Check those out and let me know what you think. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Hello & welcome @AnonymousMe .
full

Yeah, you sound like me in some ways.

Big gamer here (it's my main interest, and also got me into other things like cosplay), no interest in music, hate typical TV, but I like anime (depending on what it is, usually niche stuff). And yeah, when it comes to watching *anything*, ongoing series bugs the heck outta me. Particularly on Youtube where individual episodes of whatever tend to be very short, and then there's often an extreme amount of time before the next one is released.

I think you'll find plenty of like-minded people here, yes.

Hey everyone, just an an update here, my psychologist confirmed me that it was only to talk with girls that also had autism. So, again, if anyone wants to chat, then start a conversation with me, that includes guys too.

New Threads

Top Bottom