• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey all

ftfipps

So, I haven't worked in 3 years...I just gave up on working crap jobs. Got into drugs and alcohol really hard. I'm doing better now and I want some folks with careers to give me some no nonsense advice. Nope, I never graduated college. My friends who are social butterflies that never got lucky enough to go to college are now working crappy manual labor jobs and they are as smart as Da Vinci. What chance do I have being a nerd with mild aspergers? My executive function is awful. I know I probably don't have a snowballs chance in hell of being successful. My father is a closet aspie and he just works in a factory. Please help a fellow human being. Thanks.

So, I haven't worked in 3 years...I just gave up on working crap jobs. Got into drugs and alcohol really hard. I'm doing better now and I want some folks with careers to give me some no nonsense advice. Nope, I never graduated college. My friends who are social butterflies that never got lucky enough to go to college are now working crappy manual labor jobs and they are as smart as Da Vinci. What chance do I have being a nerd with mild aspergers? My executive function is awful. I know I probably don't have a snowballs chance in hell of being successful. My father is a closet aspie and he just works in a factory. Please help a fellow human being. Thanks.
If you know what your strengths are so therefore what company or type of employment it would be equated with ,go to to a forum for that particular job see what people think of the particular companies regarding disability

No nonsense is my specialty! ;)

Firstly, it is extremely unlikely your friends are anywhere near as smart as Da Vinci, unless you're talking about a different Da Vinci than the one I'm thinking of.. :p

For you though.. Need significantly more info.. What are your strengths/weaknesses? What are you AS passion(s)?

"Successful" is a state of mind.. It has nothing to do with just money, which most people seem to equate it to.. I do know that a negative attitude towards yourself or your prospects will greatly inhibit your ability to reach whatever your potential is.

No nonsense is my specialty! ;)

Firstly, it is extremely unlikely your friends are anywhere near as smart as Da Vinci, unless you're talking about a different Da Vinci than the one I'm thinking of.. :p

For you though.. Need significantly more info.. What are your strengths/weaknesses? What are you AS passion(s)?

"Successful" is a state of mind.. It has nothing to do with just money, which most people seem to equate it to.. I do know that a negative attitude towards yourself or your prospects will greatly inhibit your ability to reach whatever your potential is.
Oh...wow, okay. My strengths are aspie crap. Memorization...Idk. I was good at biology and languages.

If you know what your strengths are so therefore what company or type of employment it would be equated with ,go to to a forum for that particular job see what people think of the particular companies regarding disability
Hello, good sir. I don't have the stellar aspie talents. I'm just good at writing..that's it. I hate human interaction.

Well, that still wasn't a *lot* of info... Still don't know if you've got any AS obsessions.. Cause, it's always nice to do things we like to do..

But, the first things that come to mind that incorporate writing, languages, and limited human interaction would be:
Novelist (cause you spend most of your time writing, alone)
Localization expert (essentially, translator for written work, often found in the software industry)

If biology is more of an interest, and you're into nature, and not afraid of physical labor, there are any number of jobs that would have you out in the wilderness working mostly by yourself such as, Tree Planting or Supervisor for tree planting (essentially, someone that works for a wood mill, that checks that the tree planters did their job right.. Lots of driving around, and walking into remote wilderness areas... alone...

Some or much extra education may be required for some of these jobs.. Don't know where your current education lies, beyond "didn't finish college".
If you'd like more suggestions, you'd probably have to give me more to work with. "Aspie crap" is not terribly specific.. :p

Hello, good sir. I don't have the stellar aspie talents. I'm just good at writing..that's it. I hate human interaction.
So a publishing house concentrating on disabled writing or a magazine, it might save you some time not having to fight.

New Threads

Top Bottom